MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco Muxlicer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Befaco Muxlicer
1n
@ben_hex demo helped me understand how this module could work in my set-up and it's my next buy.

Any other early users around with thumbs-ups for this?

Hoping that Thonk have some at Brighton Modular Meet next weekend...
mutedial
I just built one at a Befaco workshop. It was a pretty straightforward build, although a lot of sliders and jacks. Nothing too complex and in terms of parts its pretty manageable.

Haven't had too much time to play with it but it has a lot of useful functionality! Gate mode is fun.
FarmerPhilip
Definitely on MY procurement list...
Dogma
i cant find a price?
FarmerPhilip
Dogma wrote:
i cant find a price?

140.99 at Modular addict.
fishdog
Just built one yesterday. Only had a quick patch made up so far. But basically I was using it to trigger a couple pico drums and a radio music. But, due to the gate signal I was getting double triggers on the drums...sounded cool, but I need to figure out the best way to change gate length if i'm triggering modules.

Overall really cool module, and really fun to CV the how many gates are output with gate mode. Still have some learning to do though.
TheCoug
Just finished my build. Did anybody else receive an extra AT MEGA chip?
Any idea what that might be about?
sammy123
I received an extra too. No idea why. Mine isn't working anyway though. I only get activity on channel 8.
TheCoug
Mine seems to be working fine so far. Maybe I'll just use the extra chip as a mascot...
bc3
I got the extra chip as well and they shorted me a 100k resistor d'oh!

I used the chip that was grouped with the others and after getting another resistor mine appears to be working correctly.
TheCoug
Mine is not receiving external clocks consistently. It works fine with the clock output of the Sampling Modulator, a square wave from Batumi, cycled gates from Rampage, but goes dead when I try to clock from Tempi or Maths EOC gates. I am also reading about 5v at the clock input jack of Muxlicer, which I think is probably where my issue is coming from. Has a schematic for this been released yet? I'd love to know at least a ballpark of where I ought look before I put on my big boy pants and pull the damn panel off... very frustrating
ben_hex
Glad to be helpful 1n, I’ll be at the Brighton event. Say hello if we pass by.
FarmerPhilip
Helpful? Helpful??? You're expensive!!! At the end of every one of your videos I say to myself, "Oh: I NEED that!!!" Thanks for everything you do!

we're not worthy
Trooper
I ordered one, it seems to integrate perfectly in my setup and i like such beat-manipulating things.
nice vid again, DivKid thumbs up
Sync
Built my Muxslicer last week. Works great. Also got the extra chip, used it thinking maybe they updated the firmware? It'd be nice to know.

Here's a tip- when using it as a sequencer, feed a fixed voltage into the "All In" of 1 or 2 volts and it's easier to tune for notes-- the sliders work as level controls of the "All In" level and the default range is like, 5 octaves making it hard to hit notes, even when you have a quantizer on the output. And a quantizer is pretty handy with it- though I'm often feeding it into a Plonk for bass which has its own quantizer. With a 1V input for example, you'll get exactly a one octave range from slider top to bottom.

Also want to say, I've built a lot of kits in my time (built my first kit in the late 1960s), and this is the third from Befaco- I think they do a pretty good job with the kits, instructions were clear, parts grouped nicely, as kits go, they're as good as any I've seen.
behndy
iiiiiii WANT one of these bad boys. any idea when they'll be back in stock in the states?
1n
Good to hear this about the kits. I'm a DIY beginner - did my first PCB soldering this Saturday - and the clearer the better for me.

Thonk had sold out way before the Brighton meet. Next month maybe...
Sync
One minor tip for the beginner- get yourself a good pair of needle nose pliers. You'll want to use them to bend the resistor leads instead of your fingers. The bends need to be fairly sharp 90-degree and close to the resistor body so that they'll lay flat against the PC board. They use pretty small resistors and the space between the holes is just enough. It likely won't hurt if the resistors don't lay flat against the PC but it's cleaner to get them flat and is quite possible to do consistently using needle nose to do the bends.
1n
Thanks, Sync. I had exactly this problem the other day. Pliers already in hand..
thisisvictorkim
behndy wrote:
iiiiiii WANT one of these bad boys. any idea when they'll be back in stock in the states?

any idea when they'd be in stock AND pre-built? I'm not much of a solderer with my shaky hands and minimal experience.
eircom
hey! a noob question here trying to grasp my recently acquired Muxlicer.
is it possible to use it in a way that every MUX I/O out would output a CV offset set by its own slider, all at the same time and not only when its step is active? like it's just a box of 8 cv offset sliders. that would be super helpful for controlling my ER-301 and so far i haven't managed to make the muxlicer do it. thanks!
danishchairs
eircom wrote:
... is it possible to use it in a way that every MUX I/O out would output a CV offset set by its own slider, all at the same time and not only when its step is active? like it's just a box of 8 cv offset sliders. ...

That’s a cool idea, but I don’t think the Muxlicer can do that (at least not with the current firmware/programming).
eircom
danishchairs wrote:
I don’t think the Muxlicer can do that (at least not with the current firmware/programming).

Thanks, that's what I figured. I wish it could do it, it seems rather easy to implement given its current possibilities. BTW, is there a firmware update path on the Muxlicer?
appliancide
eircom wrote:
danishchairs wrote:
I don’t think the Muxlicer can do that (at least not with the current firmware/programming).

Thanks, that's what I figured. I wish it could do it, it seems rather easy to implement given its current possibilities. BTW, is there a firmware update path on the Muxlicer?

It uses an Atmega328P microcontroller for some stuff, but there are multiplexer chips doing the actual switching, so there is no way for the Muxlicer to be reprogrammed to do what you want.
callegari
TheCoug wrote:
Mine is not receiving external clocks consistently. It works fine with the clock output of the Sampling Modulator, a square wave from Batumi, cycled gates from Rampage, but goes dead when I try to clock from Tempi or Maths EOC gates. I am also reading about 5v at the clock input jack of Muxlicer, which I think is probably where my issue is coming from. Has a schematic for this been released yet? I'd love to know at least a ballpark of where I ought look before I put on my big boy pants and pull the damn panel off... very frustrating

@TheCoug Same here! My MUXLICER, accepts all type of signals, Rampage cycles, lfos, oscs, etc etc EXCEPT TEMPI Clock.
I tried with 10 ms trigger, with half cycle clock, and no succes...
Only succes i have is passing tempi out through attenuator, or a vca, or another active circuit... my question is? Its a level problem? Too much?maybe the tempi sends som DC and the Muxlicer dislike it?
I want to connect one tempi clock out to muxlicer clock in as it should be!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3