MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tendrils - right angle slimline patch cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Tendrils - right angle slimline patch cables
DruidTek

Tendrils are right angle slimline 3.5mm mono TS patch cables designed for live performance systems, close patch points and semi-permanent connections. Their mouldings are 8mm wide & 12mm high, allowing the cables to lay flat along the panel, and be patched closely together in any orientation. Knobs, switches and controls are more easily accessible, interfaces, touch surfaces and graphical displays are unobstructed.

Tendrils are also thinner and lighter than regular patch cables, so they’re perfect for travel applications where weight is an issue, such as flying on airlines with a fully patched system in a carry-on case. They’re less bulky, but no compromises are taken in their construction, incorporating a 26 AWG copper wire gauge, spiral shielding and a flexible strain relief, with all solder points encapsulated inside a moulding with a textured surface for extra grip.

Available in 10cm (4") /15cm (6") /20cm (8") /30cm (12") /45cm (18") & 60cm (24") lengths in a range of colours.

https://www.tendrilscables.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TendrilsCables/
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/tendrilscables/

reodjectz
Look a lot like the erthenvar cables (which are nice) - what about 90 deg only on one end and straight on the other /wink wink.
DruidTek
reodjectz wrote:
what about 90 deg only on one end and straight on the other /wink wink.

It's definitely do-able. I designed these primarily for short connections and to be as low possible, but if the demand is there?

I'm also currently looking into producing loomed versions with 8-10 cables inside, for inter-system patching.
cackland
IMO it makes it look more cluttered, especially around the controls (depending on the module)
DruidTek
cackland wrote:
IMO it makes it look more cluttered, especially around the controls (depending on the module)

Yeah, I can see what you're saying.. Having the cables laying flat on the panel is a different way of patching.

It's not as immediate and a bit fiddlier (having to tuck them out of the way) but it does make the controls a lot more accessible.
Mikeyg3k
Seems like a really nice product I’d buy some if You’ll be making them in Yellow
DruidTek
Mikeyg3k wrote:
Seems like a really nice product I’d buy some if You’ll be making them in Yellow

Thanks Mike, I have a range of colours coming soon, starting off with dark green and Violet..

ben_hex
These are looking good.
Paranormal Patroler
If shipping to EU is not too expensive I will buy a shit ton of these. DruidTek let's talk, I've been meaning to buy angled cables for a long time now for my live cases. At that price I would love to be one of your first customers.
DruidTek
Many thanks to Paranormal Patroler for being my first international customer!
Shipping of 50 cables to Sweden was 12.59EUR.

ben_hex wrote:
These are looking good.

Cheers, Ben!
R.U.Nuts
They also could be useful together with stackcables. These plugged into stackcables will reduce the overall height of cable stacks. Especially useful if you normally can't ckose the lid of your case with stacked cables.
tioJim
Yup great idea, especially for semi-permanent connections.

Any idea of shipping to UK?
Foghorn
reodjectz wrote:
Look a lot like the erthenvar cables (which are nice) - what about 90 deg only on one end and straight on the other /wink wink.

The Tendril end on one end and a stackable end on the other, whoa.
That would be awesome.
Well, I can dream.

Hey I have some yellow 8" long cables that look just like these.
Not really sure where I got them.

Foghorn
DruidTek
tioJim wrote:
Yup great idea, especially for semi-permanent connections.

Any idea of shipping to UK?

All of western Europe is in the same zone.

R.U.Nuts wrote:
These plugged into stackcables will reduce the overall height of cable stacks

Yes, I use stackcables a lot and it definitely helps!
Paranormal Patroler
DruidTek wrote:

w00t Happy to support this. I'll report back as soon as these arrive and will probably order a second batch! Smooth and easy transaction.

Best of wishes DruidTek, I hope this takes off for you.
abdul6
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
DruidTek wrote:

w00t Happy to support this. I'll report back as soon as these arrive and will probably order a second batch! Smooth and easy transaction.

Best of wishes DruidTek, I hope this takes off for you.

Will I be the second one (international) ? hé hé
JohnLRice
Those look nice! thumbs up

One consideration for DIY case builders and even commercial case builders: if you leave a small gap at the bottom of the case or even a gap between each row, the excess length from right angled patch cables can be neatly tucked away. cool
DruidTek
I really appreciate the support, guys! Thanks

@ JohnLRice - Your performance setups were definitely a massive inspiration, for sure! I'm really OCD about cable management, and I always thought there should be more right angled cables on the market... I strived to come up with something slightly different to the excellent and pioneering Erthenvar cables, by having very short lengths and being much lighter for cheaper shipping & airline travel.
JohnLRice
DruidTek wrote:
@ JohnLRice - Your performance setups were definitely a massive inspiration, for sure! I'm really OCD about cable management, and I always thought there should be more right angled cables on the market... I strived to come up with something slightly different to the excellent and pioneering Erthenvar cables, by having very short lengths and being much lighter for cheaper shipping & airline travel.
Thanks and I'll have to try a few of your cables too! thumbs up

Question: I noticed in the below picture that there are three cables that have narrower bodies and longer strain reliefs then the rest of the cables pictured. hmmm..... (left side of the module in the output jacks) Are these an earlier proto type, the final version, or? spinning
pieter
Do you have a non-facebook internet presence?
DruidTek
pieter wrote:
Do you have a non-facebook internet presence?

www.tendrilscables.com will be launching on July 1st, hopefully.
DruidTek
JohnLRice wrote:

Question: I noticed in the below picture that there are three cables that have narrower bodies and longer strain reliefs then the rest of the cables pictured. hmmm.....

That's a good observation! They are actually some TRS cables I use for toolbox's MIDI connections. Sorry for the confusion.. whistlin'
behndy
annnnnnnnnnnd emailed. YUMMY.
Paranormal Patroler
DruidTek wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Question: I noticed in the below picture that there are three cables that have narrower bodies and longer strain reliefs then the rest of the cables pictured. hmmm.....

That's a good observation! They are actually some TRS cables I use for toolbox's MIDI connections. Sorry for the confusion.. whistlin'

Is that an option? TRS? I have quite a few MIDI modules and would put these in good use.
DruidTek
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
DruidTek wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Is that an option? TRS? I have quite a few MIDI modules and would put these in good use.

I don't produce those, sorry to say. I found them on eBay - TRS right angle cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5