MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LS3958 package differences?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author LS3958 package differences?
jimfowler
Maybe this belongs here, maybe not. Either way, for folks building Buchla format modules that employ an LS3958: has anybody seen a better likelihood of getting one with a relatively high Idss value by using one package or their other? It’s regularly available for a bit cheaper in soic package and one could easily use an adapter pcb to make it fit. Since it’s more affordable, it’s an easier pill to swallow when you have to buy a pile of them to find the suitable pieces. Or is the metal can version more likely to be inconsistent/outside of the median value? I emailed Linear Systems but once they found out that I was not a manufacturer and wasn’t going to buy these by the hundreds they ceased responding to my questions.
cygmu
I can't answer your question as asked, but I can tell you that I bought 6 of the metal can type from micross.com and all of them had Idss > 3mA, to my surprise.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1