MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

The Moog One
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next [all]
Author The Moog One
dubnspace
From a post over on GS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post

Ok this is copied directly from my personal email from my rep who is a senior rep, and personal friend of mine:

Oh, it's cooler than that! So glad I can actually spill some details for you now.

It's polyphonic, and comes in 8- and 16-voice versions. (Moog has not only set us up as the earliest dealer with stock (around mid-August), but we'll have an exclusive until they launch with other retailers in September. And they've also promised us a number of low-serial-number units (2-10) on each unit, though this does run an extra $500 (and also gets you a letter from Mike Adams, and a signed photo by the techs who built it). Sounds incredible, and check this out!

• 3 VCOs per voice
• 3 part multitimbral - 3 synths in 1
• Knob per function
• 4 LFOs per synth with easily assignable modulation
• Arp and sequencer (per synth)
• Clock sync
• Assignable CV ins and outs
• Lots of i/o for routing synths and effects
• Eventide reverbs built in
• Unrestricted number of presets

Oscillators
create complex waveforms

Noise
• Dedicated envelope for transient shaping

Filter
• Stave variable filter AND Moog Ladder Filter
• HP, LP, BP or notch
• link filters together for ganged sweeps
• assign sources to SVF ladder or both in the mixer

Envelope
• 3 envelopes (amp, filter, and assignable)
• easily assignable mod matrix

Sequencer and Arp

Effects
• True bypass effects
• effects per synth and a master effects bus
• 2 assignable macro controls - customizable per patch
• Vocoder
Modulation
• Easily repeatable mod mattrix routings
• 4 LFOs - 1 button destination routing
• Fine tune and ccreate complex modulation via transforms
• Easy assign performance controllers
• XY pad for expressive control

Not too shabby, eh? Admittedly, I'm always pretty impressed when Moog comes by, but this was probably the biggest shock I've ever had at seeing their products early under an NDA…and the toughest to keep private until we could talk about them! I figured you'd appreciate knowing about it as much as anyone, since you've been involved in MI retail for so long, and have probably seen most things under the sun to date.

Still not sure when we'll have it up on the website, but we are taking orders, if you're interested. 8-voice version is $5999.00, and the 16-voice version is $7999.00. I've got a little wiggle room for you, but a bit less than usual…they really don't want us deep-discounting these due to anticipated demand, obviously.
denuir
Wow, this sounds super interesting. Out of my price range, but I’ll bet I drool over some videos. A poly Moog - they’ve been listening!
rowsbywoof
Wait, built in Eventide reverbs? That seems weird, right? I can see them doing a spring like the Grand Mother, or even doing their own algorithm if they were going digital, but using an Eventide reverb seems like a crazy cross over. I mean, I'm all for it. This thing with Blackhole is going to be nuts.

Way out of my league, too, but I can't wait to hear what people do with it. If... You know... If it's real of course wink
ludotex
hmmm.....
SynthBaron
"...due to anticipated demand..."

While it does sound neat, I'm not sure what planet they're living on if they think something like that is going to fly out the door at those retail prices. Maybe they're going to start offering 60-month payment plans for them.
dkcg
I bet we see more Model15's for sale, so they can get the polyphonic Moog they really wanted.

$6k for 8 voices....$8k for 16 voices almost seems like a deal. A deal that's still out of reach for me.

Nostalgic rich prog rock folk will buy them. Studios might buy them. Hans Zimmer will buy 2. Joe Synth rocking out at home with their DFAM and Mother32 won't run out and buy them, but that's not the market they're going for.

Not Honda owners...but Bentley owners.
estin
LOL April Fools a little late this year? I hope they are almost done with the 8 voice theremin as well.
SynthBaron
I hope it's velocity sensitive.
sduck
SynthBaron wrote:
I hope it's velocity sensitive.

That and midi are extra.
bwhittington
Is this a clone of Elton John's version?

realtrance
I can't imagine this is real.

But then, it's getting harder and harder to tell what is, these days, so anything is possible.

The concept doesn't really fit in with Moog's history as a company, as well as everything else they've done has; so, I remain skeptical until further (tangible) notice from Moog themselves.

It's too Frankensynth to be Moog.
SynthBaron
realtrance wrote:

It's too Frankensynth to be Moog.

At least it doesn't have a low-pass gate.

Or maybe it should.
dumbledog
Yeah well my uncle works at Nintendo and he says Bob Moog and Dave Smith are both playable characters in the new Smash Bros
commodorejohn
$6000 base price. Yeah, I'll start digging through my couch cushions right away.
dkcg
dumbledog wrote:
Yeah well my uncle works at Nintendo and he says Bob Moog and Dave Smith are both playable characters in the new Smash Bros

Can I unlock Don Buchla?
GovernorSilver
Yeah, the hell with state variable filters!!! twisted

Give me stave variable filters!!!
estin
GovernorSilver wrote:

Nice catch, didn't state variable used to mean you could manually or by CV sweep through the range of filter types? I feel like these days State variable usually just means multi mode with a switch.
realtrance
Stave variable filters are the latest thing, made of real wood, from decommissioned Czech beer barrels.

Gives you that foamy, woody tone.

Synthbaron: ooooh, low pass gates, yum, yeah why doesn't Moog ever do those?

Think I'll go pick up a Bastl Kastle or three while waiting for this mystery to resolve itself....
dumbledog
dkcg wrote:
Can I unlock Don Buchla?

he's DLC along with suzanne cianni and frogger
SynthBaron
realtrance wrote:
Stave variable filters are the latest thing, made of real wood, from decommissioned Czech beer barrels.

I hope they were harvested using a dolphin-safe method.
GuyaGuy
I hope it's true just so people will STFU about wanting to see a Moog poly. Of course they'll complain about the price...And ignore the Memorymoog...
starthief
estin wrote:
LOL April Fools a little late this year? I hope they are almost done with the 8 voice theremin as well.

lol
leftbracket
GuyaGuy wrote:
I hope it's true just so people will STFU about wanting to see a Moog poly.

I would appreciate that.

It's been quite a while since I last "felt" traditional polyphony, but I'm quite intrigued by this spec sheet. It sounds like a highly playable instrument.
dubonaire
estin wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Nice catch, didn't state variable used to mean you could manually or by CV sweep through the range of filter types? I feel like these days State variable usually just means multi mode with a switch.

No, it just means you can get multiple filter types out of one cascading filter topology.
SynthBaron
Demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next [all]
Page 1 of 37