MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Moog One
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Author The Moog One
leftbracket
SynthBaron wrote:
Demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Ah, to be a kid on the internet in 2008 again...
GuyaGuy
leftbracket wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
Demo video:

Of course back then you didn't have to watch an ad before the video...
SynthBaron
GuyaGuy wrote:
leftbracket wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
Demo video:

Of course back then you didn't have to watch an ad before the video...

DECEASEDRODEN+ MASTER CLASS
Zymos
If it was literally "knob per function" and 3 part multitimbral, then it would need 3 knobs for each parameter....
milkshake
Major synth boner.
radiokoala
I must say 'One' seems slightly off a name for the 8-voice polysynth: I guess it's something subtextual, with 'of a kind' omitted – in which case I'd expand on the idea and call it OOAK, so that you could read the news and say something like:

— The Moog OOAK?! Well.... OOOOOAKAY. This is fun!

PS: Worked hard on this joke, if it didn't turn out that well, don't blame the radiokoala, blame his sense of humour.

Cheers. smokin'
hamildad
<enters Music retailer>

"Hi there, I am here to buy the new Moog synthesier"

"the One, sir?"

"At that price, I should bloody think so!!"

hihi
radiokoala
It's peanut butter jelly time!

Oh, man... This has inspired another one, which is:

“Handmade in Asheville, NC, Moog the One is a synth like no other: too good to stop at just the one. For convenience of our customers, we came with a mounting solution similar to our 2-tier and 3-tier Mother-32 stands, but designed to accomodate two or two+ our flagship keyboard synthesizers.

Carefully tailored to the needs of aspiring bedroom musicians and assiduous YouTube content providers, the One-Two-Three Moog ecosystem makes music production a breeze; both semi-pro and full-time knob twiddlers would be able to have at their disposal 32 to 48 simultaneous synth parts, enough for making the most elaborate bloopscapes and Cage-inspired musical pieces for as many as three unplugged five-octave keyboards.

Regardless of the number of their Grammy nominations and victories, each electronic musician would instantly feel the degree of increased flexibility and sonic purity made possible courtesy of hand-matched transistors and lead-free solder to contain 0% of banned in EU constituents (such as vactrols) the One-Two-Three ecosystem provides when compared to other popular production solutions such as TPB edition of the Fruity Loops and banjo.”

Cheesy! whistlin'
Panason
It manages to be even more expensive than I anticipated (5k) but also has more bells & whistles than anticipated.

I think I'd just get an OB6 and keep the change for a car. Or probably just wait for a new Behringer poly from the Manchester MIDAS team with that juicy Mofat filter.
Muzone
forget the synth architecture, I wanna see the wardrobe accessories It's peanut butter jelly time!
Synthsense
I know of a colleague from my country who is on the list for a limited edition run for the begginning of august. Even more expensive than the standard, of course.

I hate him so much! twisted
Jason Brock
radiokoala wrote:
I must say 'One' seems slightly off a name for the 8-voice polysynth

I figure they named it that just so they can have some clever marketing tag lines, like "The One you've been waiting for..."
Or, "You've been asking for a Moog Poly, here's The (only) One we're gonna give you."
Zymos
Anyone who would pay an extra $500 for a picture of the folks that built it, has, by definition, "too much money".
Dcramer
Better come with a cape... lol
SynthBaron
They should make the extra fee 20% of gross income derived from talent's use of equipment in a special six month influencer exclusivity period.
realtrance
I can't get out of my head the picture of the person who has to spend eight hours a day hand-matching transistors:

"Nope. Nope. Almost. Well.... Nope. Nope. Aha! Nope. If only. Maybe with that other one.... Nope. Nope. Nope."

Hey, the more I think about it... the more I think I'd like that job! wink
radiokoala
Sounds like a real trance that job, innit?..

spinning
SynthBaron
realtrance wrote:
I can't get out of my head the picture of the person who has to spend eight hours a day hand-matching transistors:

"Nope. Nope. Almost. Well.... Nope. Nope. Aha! Nope. If only. Maybe with that other one.... Nope. Nope. Nope."

Hey, the more I think about it... the more I think I'd like that job! wink

The Memorymoog used CEM3340's, so it wouldn't be surprising to find out Asheville was the one who committed a big enough order for Curtis/OnChip to put them back in production for this new synth.

But even the original Minimoog used matched transistor IC's, and the Voyager uses MAT04's. Could you even get a polysynth to reliably tune up with hand matched transistors? Maybe, but paying someone to do it is probably going to cost you 10x more than just buying matched pair IC's.
SynthBaron
New iPhone rumors:

Snail
Hmm, might have to sell the Bentley for that...!
huffnPuff
If this thing is real then wow, if it isn’t then wow.
WaveRider
that photo seems real to me... the design seem very plausible.... very Moog.
geoffmar
Guinness ftw!
huffnPuff
Assuming it’s true then it’s a great move for them.

I don’t care about keyboard instruments so I’m not tempted, but I have warm fuzzy feelings for the company and I love seeing them come out with products that pay homage to their established tradition and new products that aim to set new ones.
GovernorSilver
SynthBaron wrote:
New iPhone rumors:

Looks faimliar! hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Page 2 of 39