MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

256e, 255e combo vs 254e, 255e, 257e combo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 256e, 255e combo vs 254e, 255e, 257e combo
Mr. Squiggle
Hi I want to add some CV processing to my Buchla 200e 24 cabinet.

Presets are a must, so I’m toying with the idea of a 256e and 255e (when it’s ready). Although I like the look of the CVable slew rate on the 257e and the pulse outputs. Also the 254e has more inputs and is analog. So a 257e, 255e, 254e is an option. To me the main downside of this option is only having two channels of the breakpoints. Would this be enough I have a 223e and a 252e?

Can anyone offer me some more info of the pros and cons of the 257e, 254e, 255e combo VS the 256e, 255e combo?

Also does anyone have any audio / video examples using the CVable slew and the pulse outputs on the 257e?
Mr. Squiggle
Hi any info would help.
deltaphoenix
Hello,

A bit more info may be helpful.

How much Buchla do you already have? What are your musical goals? How much experience do you have with modulars?

I had a 24 space case and only had a 257e and I was pleased. Now I have a 12 space and still only have a 257e and am pleased. I have had a 256e in the past, in an 18space case and I liked it but not as much as the 257e.

IMO, the 257e offers a good amount of variety and I like getting pulses from it. I think it is a solid module for medium and larger cases. I think it will help you decide if need a 256e and the Studio H CV Processing module or whatever.
Mr. Squiggle
Hi Deltaphoenix

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I’m fairly new to modulars. I have just recently got back into messing around with electronic instruments in the last couple of years. Although I have a few years experience programming hardware synths.

My current system is 223e, 225e, 227e, 230e, 252e, 258e, 259e, 261e, 266e, 281e, 285e, 291e, 292e, 297 - running in quad.

I really like the look of the the 255e for processing pulses as it’ll free up my 281e.

I’m ordering a 210e shortly with whatever cv processors I decide on, so trying to decide whether or not the pulse outputs and CVable slew on the 257e are going to be that useful if If I end up getting the 255e.

Thanks again
levelhead3
Is there in fact a 255e on the horizon?? I can find no other mention of such, but that would be awesome!
ritchiedrums
Doesn’t appear to be an updated 255 coming.
There is a used one on Reverb right now
ritchiedrums
Looks like 256e is a better choice for presets
levelhead3
Must... Not... Open... Wallet... Must... Not...
Kent
ritchiedrums wrote:

That one is mine and it is also right here on Muff’s along with two other Buchla items.

And just when I’ve now found a very nice use for it, the 210e and the Keen 268e. Of course!
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
dkcg
Kent wrote:
ritchiedrums wrote:

That one is mine and it is also right here on Muff’s along with two other Buchla items.

And just when I’ve now found a very nice use for it, the 210e and the Keen 268e. Of course!
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I thought that "only white Buchla boat ever made" on Reverb was yours. grin

Getting out of Buchla or is the 18 boat just too small now?
Kent
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Just hanging on to the 201e-10 for mobile use and such. I’m not Lyonel, so anything above 2 cases seems downright decadent.
dkcg
My how you've grown. lol

My system hasn't changed in over a year, sitting in it's case in the closet while I figure out my lack of space.
makrel
levelhead3 wrote:
Is there in fact a 255e on the horizon?? I can find no other mention of such, but that would be awesome!

You're in luck. I just got a mail from Doug Clauder yesterday saying that his 'Control Voltage Slew Processor' is for sale now. His web site is called studiohsoftware.com
levelhead3
Thanks! It's not listed on his site yet but I pinged him to see what's up.
levelhead3
Kent wrote:
ritchiedrums wrote:

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

There was a used one on Reverb. I couldn't resist... oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1