MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Seismic Industries - Do You Like Their Modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Seismic Industries - Do You Like Their Modules?
SunPulse
Seismic Industries has some modules I am interested in, but I'm having a hard time finding any reviews on them or what kind of experience people have had with their modules or buying from them. The two I am particularly interested in right now are the Ring Modulator and the their Noise module.

The prices are good, and they have what appear to be good modules in a 4HP width. I like what they are offering, but I would like to ask people's opinions before committing.

Seismic Industries Ring Modulator
Seismic Industries Noise

Thank You Folks!
Koryo
Yes, they are classy.

I have two POLARIZERs with the cool GLITTERBOARDs.
Four PAMTs and a RIAA.
SunPulse
Thank You! I'm really surprised that they aren't better known.
SunPulse
I've placed the order for the Ring Modulator & the Noise source. Should be interesting to see how they perform! I don't expect to see them for 2 or 3 weeks as they are shipping from Switzerland to Canada.

Dammit, I should have asked for Swiss chocolates.....

d'oh!
isi909
and..? Happy with the modules..?
slumberjack
i know raphael from seismic, nice guy he is.
his modules meet quality standarts known from his country.
those modules are actually cheap for what they are.

i'll go for the utility module and the vc adsr.
seismic
SunPulse wrote:
I've placed the order for the Ring Modulator & the Noise source. Should be interesting to see how they perform! I don't expect to see them for 2 or 3 weeks as they are shipping from Switzerland to Canada.

Dammit, I should have asked for Swiss chocolates.....

d'oh!

thank you - they are on their way & i have put some chocolate for you into the packet.

best
raffael
isi909
mhhh chocolate... It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners [/quote]
SunPulse
Thank you very much Raffael, I wasn't actually expecting you to include chocolate! Very much appreciated!

applause
SunPulse
Yum!!! That chocolate is creamy delicious, thank you very much Raffael!

love

Also creamy delicious are the Ring Modulator & the Noise module. My first impression when I opened the boxes was the aesthetics of the modules, simple and stylish design. They look better in person than they do online. They come with the cable and screws. The screws are socket head and take a 2.5mm allen key. But if you don't have one you can always substitute phillips head screws.

A nice feature is the way that the cable plugs onto the module. The cable fits into a cutout on the board when you plug it in, making it almost impossible to plug it in wrong.

Initial Impressions:

The Ring Modulator delivers on what I was hoping for, a nice almost organic tone. Very pleasant and musical in it's delivery. I ran it into an LxD low pass gate and got some great sounds from it.

The Noise module also has a nice sound to it. Theres no sign of any weirdness to the noise, just straight up really good white and pink noise. The noise on my Pittsburgh Modular SV-1 has this odd resonant note to it that I don't like, so this is a big improvement for me. I was immediately getting some great stuff running the noise through the LxD.

I ran the random noise output into a WMD/SSF Pole-Zero filter and then into the FM of an oscillator and it was amazing what it did. The oscillator took on this subtle fluctuation that really brought it to life.

Delivery time from Switzerland to the west side of Canada was much quicker than I was expecting. I placed the order on Sunday July 1; it was sent July 3; and received it today July 9.

I'm very pleased and I would definitely buy again!

Guinness ftw!
R.U.Nuts
Just checked out the site of Seismic and discovered that the modules can be prepatched with each other by pin headers on the back that break out every connector. That made me daydream how awesome it would be if all Eurorack modules had this feature...
seismic
cool - i'm glad you like them!! have fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1