MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

FH-2 Accent Output From Mono Channel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 Accent Output From Mono Channel
toneburst
Just exploring some of the FH-2 features, using the config tool.

I can't work out if it's possible to have an accent output for a monophonic CV/Gate conversion channel. Can't see an option for it in the MIDI/CV converters matrix.

Could it be added, if it's not currently supported?

Something that might be a git 'niche', but would be really handy for controlling the x0x Heart module, specifically, is a legato gate output option. This gate would be on whenever more than one note is held. That would allow the x0x Heart's Glide feature to be triggered on legato notes.
os
Quote:
I can't work out if it's possible to have an accent output for a monophonic CV/Gate conversion channel.

Not currently. What would be the use case for that?

Quote:
Something that might be a git 'niche', but would be really handy for controlling the x0x Heart module, specifically, is a legato gate output option. This gate would be on whenever more than one note is held.

That *would* be niche smile I'll consider it, though.
toneburst
os wrote:
Not currently. What would be the use case for that?

I guess I was thinking of the x0x Heart again, there. It would also be useful for various drum/percussion modules that have CV-control of pitch (albeit with varying ability to track v/oct accurately), plus Accent inputs.

I'm thinking, for example, of various Hexinverter modules.

a|x
os
What happens if you just feed the velocity output into the accent input?
toneburst
Will try when I get home. I suspect that the accent threshold on the x0x Heart will mean the accent will be on in most cases, unless the notes have very low velocity.

Maybe the ability somehow to quantise or set a on/off threshold on the velocity output would be useful. That would mean it could be used as an accent output, or quantised to an adjustable number of discrete levels.

I realise the first case could be achieved with an external comparator module, but I still think it would be useful to have it as an option on the FH-2, as comparators are relatively obscure.

a|x
toneburst
Actually, the ability to apply different velocity curves to the velocity output (and even to invert it, perhaps) would be cool, and could be combined with a quantisation control, as described above.

a|x
os
There's one on the disting smile

If you set the velocity output to ±5V, that gives you at least up to velocity 64 before the voltage goes positive.
toneburst
I have a Disting, and it's a great module! Need to get another though, as the one I have is mostly used for its recording feature.

I will try your suggesting above re. setting the range to bipolar.

See my post about re. velocity curves, though. I think it could be a nice feature.
toneburst
Putting the velocity output through an attenuator did the trick of triggering the x0x Heart Accent pretty well, actually.

Thanks for the suggestion.

a|x
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1