MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kobol Expander I Calibration Procedure?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Kobol Expander I Calibration Procedure?
krainov
Hello!
Anyone can share the Kobol Expander I Calibration Procedure?
A have almost complete the VCOs and Shapers sections

tobb
that is very simple,there is a v/oct trimmer and freq offset to match the manual freq. between the two vco's.

v/oct trimming is like you have to do on every v/oct vco..
krainov
The oscilloscope capture of one of the Shapers
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eY7wrOb8UaHQJsVgsFkQZUnbf0k5yds_
mOBiTh
krainov wrote:
Hello!
Anyone can share the Kobol Expander I Calibration Procedure?
A have almost complete the VCOs and Shapers sections



Is this a clone?
krainov
I clone the concept, but not the way it was build...
mOBiTh
krainov wrote:
I clone the concept, but not the way it was build...


cool! what's your plan with it? will you open it up to other builders? cool
krainov
Sure I will! When I complete with all functions check...

mOBiTh
krainov wrote:
Sure I will! When I complete with all functions check...



Excellent news! And looking good cool
tobb
krainov wrote:
I clone the concept, but not the way it was build...


So,your doing your own concept/circuitry and then ask on the forum to other people how to calibrate it hmmm.....
krainov
tobb wrote:
So,your doing your own concept/circuitry and then ask on the forum to other people how to calibrate it hmmm.....


I think that's a google Translate problem. Of course, I have build it using original schematics. But my PCBs differ from originals. That what wanted to say. But I got your dig right. applause
mOBiTh
tobb wrote:
krainov wrote:
I clone the concept, but not the way it was build...


So,your doing your own concept/circuitry and then ask on the forum to other people how to calibrate it hmmm.....


This seems reasonable to me. If you're cloning something and don't have an original to compare to, you'd likely have to make a few guesses as to how to set things up the way originally intended (vco tracking aside obviously...)
krainov
mOBiTh wrote:
This seems reasonable to me. If you're cloning something and don't have an original to compare to, you'd likely have to make a few guesses as to how to set things up the way originally intended (vco tracking aside obviously...)


I know that setting up some devices sometimes turns into a headache. So I tried to ask what is so special about setting up the Kobol that I need to know. That's why service manuals exist, right? Maybe someone has already passed this road ... Or did I asked something tabooed ?
mOBiTh
krainov wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:
This seems reasonable to me. If you're cloning something and don't have an original to compare to, you'd likely have to make a few guesses as to how to set things up the way originally intended (vco tracking aside obviously...)


I know that setting up some devices sometimes turns into a headache. So I tried to ask what is so special about setting up the Kobol that I need to know. That's why service manuals exist, right? Maybe someone has already passed this road ... Or did I asked something tabooed ?


Nope I think it's all good! Guinness ftw!
krainov
mOBiTh wrote:
Nope I think it's all good! Guinness ftw!

By the way, your "Never Trust a Balkan" ... I like it
mOBiTh
krainov wrote:

By the way, your "Never Trust a Balkan" ... I like it


Ha! Plenty of Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! whilst making that one hihi
tobb
krainov wrote:
tobb wrote:
So,your doing your own concept/circuitry and then ask on the forum to other people how to calibrate it hmmm.....


I think that's a google Translate problem. Of course, I have build it using original schematics. But my PCBs differ from originals. That what wanted to say. But I got your dig right. applause


Ah,ok i get it now
efexor
Will your clone be for sale as a kit once you got it running?
krainov
efexor wrote:
Will your clone be for sale as a kit once you got it running?

Possibly yes!
efexor
Great,looking forward to the final result.

Good luck.
krainov
Hm2040 filter is installed on the Voice PCB2. Sounds grate...
krainov
Almost done. The 2050 ads chips left to be inserted. They are on their way to Moscow
krainov
Some quick tests on VCOs sync mode.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/deliandiver/kobol-expander-i-tests[/s]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group