Plague Bearer as a sub oscillator

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, computer controlled, flight

nuketifromorbit
Wiggling with Experience

Plague Bearer as a sub oscillator

Post by nuketifromorbit » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:47 pm

How well does the PB perform as a sub oscillator? I can't seem to dig anything up here about anyone using it in such a fashion, despite this function being mentioned in the manual. Am I better off just getting a audio divider?

Johnisfaster
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

what?? knowing what it does I can't imagine it could pull off a sub osc but maybe I'm missing something
JensenJohn.bandcamp.com

nuketifromorbit
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nuketifromorbit » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:what?? knowing what it does I can't imagine it could pull off a sub osc but maybe I'm missing something
I'm going by this section of the description at analog haven:

about phase-shift characteristics: a single filter can give a strong chorus effect if so desired, useful as a sub-oscillator or just to fatten a sound"

pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:49 pm

I got mine to generate sub-harmonics today. Positive feedback is the key. Set up a mixer for the PB input. Your oscillator (I tried triangle and sawtooth waveforms - both work) goes into one input on the mixer. The other mixer input comes from the PB output. (It has to be a non-inverting mixer channel. Inverting the PB signal along the feedback path doesn't work as well.) Twiddle the levels, and Low and High controls and you will find nice, fat subharmonics with certain input frequencies. I left the PB Gain at 0, and set the IN level about half.

I added a VCA between the PB output and the feedback input to the mixer and got dynamic control over the subharmonics. :nana:
Richard
http://www.pugix.com

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

Return to “Flight of Harmony”