MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hemisphere for Ornament and Crime
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Author Hemisphere for Ornament and Crime
Mdashdotdashn
Timmy wrote:
. Not sure that perlin noise offers anything special as an audio noise source in the frequency domain, though, and in any case, with the 16.6kHz DAC sample rate on the O&C, it is hardly worth bothering unless you like Merzbow (although I am told by Merzbow connoisseurs that the Viznutcracker, sweet! app in O&C sounds nothing like Merzbow's best...oh well).


I really depends how you use perlin. Mine is an ever evolving low frequency oscillator with a parameter for harmonics. Although I'd like to stuff it in a more powerful cpu at some point, it sound pretty nice on the O_C already:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuOCqVII2y_/

@chrysn: On another topic, I would like to have a "triggerable" shuffle where by shuffle amount is not changing at every clock but triggered by digital input 1. Is that something you'd see added to the current shuffle ? If so, I could do a PR rather than rolling my own version.
chysn
Mdashdotdashn wrote:
Although I'd like to stuff it in a more powerful cpu at some point, it sound pretty nice on the O_C already:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuOCqVII2y_/


That's really cool!

Quote:
@chrysn: On another topic, I would like to have a "triggerable" shuffle where by shuffle amount is not changing at every clock but triggered by digital input 1. Is that something you'd see added to the current shuffle ? If so, I could do a PR rather than rolling my own version.


I don't completely understand the concept of a triggerable shuffle. Are you talking about suppressing the trigger delay unless a gate is high, or something like that?
Mdashdotdashn
chysn wrote:

I don't completely understand the concept of a triggerable shuffle. Are you talking about suppressing the trigger delay unless a gate is high, or something like that?


Basically have one delay if Gate is high, the other if gate is low. This mode wouldn't need a reset so it could use Dig1
qbassa@gmail.com
please delete this
qbassa@gmail.com
Hi, what happened with the idea of slope detector that was mentioned in this thread months ago. I am especially asking about gate to trigger converter (on both slopes) , but proposed algorithm had broader range.
Best regards!

Maximars wrote:
Hi chysn

Thank you for adding the AD Envelope!

Another idea: Slope Dedector App

Option to select one of 4 states on both outputs:

CV is rising, Gate
CV is falling, Gate
CV is steady, Gate
CV changes direction, Trigger

Maybe passing CV1 to the second seide of Hemisphere

Somehow like:

Ladik, J-110 Derivator
or

Elby Desings, Slope Detector

I do not know if the sensitivity controller is necessary with a digital module.

Eny chance for this app?

Tank You!
chysn
qbassa@gmail.com wrote:
Hi, what happened with the idea of slope detector that was mentioned in this thread months ago. I am especially asking about gate to trigger converter (on both slopes) , but proposed algorithm had broader range.


The Hemisphere slope detector applet is called "Trending":

https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki/Trending
Bath House
Is there an app that will give me a fixed voltage output/offset, that I can sweep manually?
chysn
Bath House wrote:
Is there an app that will give me a fixed voltage output/offset, that I can sweep manually?


https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki/Voltage
Bath House
chysn wrote:
Bath House wrote:
Is there an app that will give me a fixed voltage output/offset, that I can sweep manually?


https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki/Voltage


I read that one, but it sounds like it needs a gate to be active, right?
chysn
Bath House wrote:
chysn wrote:
Bath House wrote:
Is there an app that will give me a fixed voltage output/offset, that I can sweep manually?


https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki/Voltage


I read that one, but it sounds like it needs a gate to be active, right?


Nope. It depends on whether the channel is set to G-On or G-Off.
Ebotronix
hi chysn!
is it possible to program an unipolar inverter app?
positive voltage only
examples
input 5V output 0C
in 4,85V out 0,15V
in 3V out 2V
in 2,5V out 2,5V
in 1,06V out 3,94V
in 0V out 5V

any news from the removed Yarns Scales?
(30 scales from OC firmware 1.3.2)
chysn
Ebotronix wrote:
hi chysn!
is it possible to program an unipolar inverter app?
positive voltage only
examples
input 5V output 0C
in 4,85V out 0,15V
in 3V out 2V
in 2,5V out 2,5V
in 1,06V out 3,94V
in 0V out 5V


It would probably work best as a new Dual Calc function than a separate applet. Right now, you can put 5V into one of the inputs and use the Diff function of Dual Calc.

Quote:
any news from the removed Yarns Scales?
(30 scales from OC firmware 1.3.2)


They're committed to GitHub, if you can compile it yourself. Otherwise, they'll go out with the 1.8 release, which should be coming pretty soon, after the Buchla updates are done. I'm getting some help (edit: a ton of help) with that, so it might be sooner than I thought.
qbassa@gmail.com
chysn wrote:

The Hemisphere slope detector applet is called "Trending":


Heh, thanks! Couldn't find it....wink
qbassa@gmail.com
Chysn, is there any chance you can change or add additional mode of drawing scope, that would use lines not points. I also wondered if having 2 scopes per one applet would be possible (bpm setting could be displayed temporarily or not at all). Still being impressed by amount of work Hemisphere took. Best!
chysn
qbassa@gmail.com wrote:
Chysn, is there any chance you can change or add additional mode of drawing scope, that would use lines not points.


What do you mean by “lines not points” here?
qbassa@gmail.com
chysn wrote:
What do you mean by “lines not points” here?

I mean that there could be line drawn to every new position, so the graph would be more solid and that would add vertical lines when the signal is like square. Now chart has discontinuities because it is made point by point.
chysn
qbassa@gmail.com wrote:
chysn wrote:
What do you mean by “lines not points” here?

I mean that there could be line drawn to every new position, so the graph would be more solid and that would add vertical lines when the signal is like square. Now chart has discontinuities because it is made point by point.


I'll give it a try. If it's not part of a future release, it's because I didn't like the way it looked smile
Mdashdotdashn
I had a little down-time to spend on the O_C and because, well, I could, I did a little casio VL-1 preset machine for Hemisphere grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvLzpzEoJcI/

It's always nice to see how "much" one can do with this little box !
chysn
Mdashdotdashn wrote:
I had a little down-time to spend on the O_C and because, well, I could, I did a little casio VL-1 preset machine for Hemisphere grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvLzpzEoJcI/

It's always nice to see how "much" one can do with this little box !


That's amazing! Makes me want to break out my PT-1!
mcpepe
Do you think a noise applet possible?
Maybe with options for pink, white,...
chysn
mcpepe wrote:
Do you think a noise applet possible?
Maybe with options for pink, white,...


The Calculate applet's "Rnd" operator will output noise in the audible range, as long as it's not clocked. If you feed an oscillator's output into the corresponding digital input, the noise source becomes clocked, and you can control its frequency with your oscillator.
mcpepe
chysn wrote:
mcpepe wrote:
Do you think a noise applet possible?
Maybe with options for pink, white,...


The Calculate applet's "Rnd" operator will output noise in the audible range, as long as it's not clocked. If you feed an oscillator's output into the corresponding digital input, the noise source becomes clocked, and you can control its frequency with your oscillator.


Great. Thanks!
Shledge
Could boots 'n cats act as a noise source?
chysn
Shledge wrote:
Could boots 'n cats act as a noise source?


Sure, but not a continuous one.
rayultine
chysn: what kind of excitement should we be getting excited for in hemisphere 1.8?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Page 36 of 40
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group