MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EuroSerge - new
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author EuroSerge - new
aj55
Dear all,

Next to my 5U I am looking for something more "experimental" so this is now on its way/beeing build (kits) from Elby Design.

The idea is to wait with the usual vco's and vcf's and learn patch programming...
Off course I have seen Doug Lynners teaser set ;-)
What do you think? Any ideas for modules (want to stick with Elby although 2 Doepfer A-101-2 lpg's would fit the set nicely.....)

Cheers Arnold
luketeaford
I would plan on getting a larger case for euro serge especially if you are forsaking conventional oscillators and so on. It looks like you will need vcas and mixers. I would want the wave multipliers in any serge configuration-- they are a lot of fun and they completely mutate the plain waveshapes you're going to get from ssg/slope generators.

Within th Elby line up I'd probably skip the envelope generator, positive slew, and negative slew in favor of having 2 ssgs and 2 usgs. The older slew designs seem really interesting and would teach you a lot about patch programming, but it comes down to a space issue. Maybe folks here who have experience with those modules can offer a better perspective on whether they would replace them.
aj55
Thanks luketeaford for your thoughts.
I suppose you mean the ES17 - Sweeper and the ES18 - Rectifier?
And how about the ES10 - Triple Wavefolder?
I was planning to get those and maybe make a separate shallow skiff for the pressure points and brains to make some room. (and then probably a second Aturia case because I know its going to grow in time anyway........;-)

Cheers Arnold
luketeaford
Yes, I think to get the full VCM you'd need ES04, ES17, and ES18.

As I started adding more Serge to my eurorack, I was impressed with how much you can do with so little: some of the small panel configurations like the Creature.
[/url]
gnome666
I'm going to chime in and say that your instagram vids are awesome. I've been watching them a lot as I try to wrap my head around the little euroserge randomsource setup I created. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but would love detailed patch notes or walkthroughs in the future. Or a patching video series where you explain the patch flow....... applause applause applause applause
luketeaford wrote:
Yes, I think to get the full VCM you'd need ES04, ES17, and ES18.

As I started adding more Serge to my eurorack, I was impressed with how much you can do with so little: some of the small panel configurations like the Creature.
[/url]
luketeaford
gnome666 wrote:
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but would love detailed patch notes or walkthroughs in the future. Or a patching video series where you explain the patch flow....... applause applause applause applause

Thank you! I don't have a reasonable camera or I would consider it. I've just moved all my Serge modules into my shared system case so I will probably focus on that system on my Instagram for a while.
tnktni
+1 to what gnome666 stated, your Serge patches are a great listen! Would love to source some R*S modules in the near future.
1n
I've got a lost less experience with Serge for euro than Luke T, but I use R*S DUSG, Wave Multipliers and Resonant Equalizer- and a Toppobrillo Sport Modulator (kind of a SSG version) - in almost every patch and agree with him about getting two USGs.

I like the idea of Serge paired with Make Noise sequencing. And if you added a WAV recorder and/or sample player, you could really extend the Serge modules' amazing dynamics within performances/recordings. Turing Machine for further sequencing. The latter two don't exactly fit the patch programming paradigm, but Serge modules' dynamics are elevated with these units in play.

Maybe even add a Nonlinear Circuits LPG if you like DIY. Perhaps another LFO.

<edit: classic MG menu overwriting a module...which is Radio Music>
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1