MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Doepfer Envelopes A-141-4, A-140-2, A-142-2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author New Doepfer Envelopes A-141-4, A-140-2, A-142-2
Shledge
I got a response from Dieter on how to make it less picky with gates - it seems it needs a gate with a fairly sharp rising/falling edges at the moment, meaning some modules can't trigger it properly or at all:

"Hello,

the A-140-2 is based on the CEM3310 ADSR circuit. The 3310 requires both a gate and an internal trigger signal. The trigger signal is derived from the gate signal by means of a capacitor (C3 and C7). The recommended value in the data sheet is 3nF. In the A-140-2 we already increased the value a bit to 4n7. But if the rising edge of the gate signal is too flabby the trigger is not generated as expected. Maybe increasing the values of C3 and C7 may help (e.g. adding a second 4n7 or 10n capacitor in parallel). But as a rule gate signals should have fast rising and falling edges.
The A-143-2 uses a different circuitry. That's why it may work also with slower edges of the gate signal.

Hope this helps and feel free to publish the information if it solves the problem"

I'm going to try it this weekend, seems like a straightforward mod. If it works I'll let everyone know. cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3