MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Getting realistic drum sounds with minimal module count
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Getting realistic drum sounds with minimal module count
stephenmendes
Hi guys this is the most recent episode in my modular patching series

Please subscribe and then you will not miss a patch.... as I keep uploading new patches regularly

I try to use minimal number of modules where possible so that those with small rigs can still enjoy making them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qse3mGo8cko
ranix
Cool, I wasn't aware of this method for creating a snare. Thanks for the video! I always enjoy your patch videos
AW198
Are you able to record the output of the modular and use that in your video rather than the phone/camera recording? It's difficult to tell what the kick and snare actually sound like with so much background noise and room ambience... looks good though!
stephenmendes
ranix wrote:
Cool, I wasn't aware of this method for creating a snare. Thanks for the video! I always enjoy your patch videos

Hi ranix,

Do you have a Youtube channel too ?

I was thinking of using my "featured channels" option to cross-link with other Youtube creators who have similar channels.... it seems this benefits both channels in most cases.... so I am willing to give it a try with an honest wiggler who has a similar channel.

If that's not you..... maybe you could recommend somebody on here ?.... and I would contact them myself.

Thanks for watching my channel.... I appreciate it.
stephenmendes
AW198 wrote:
Are you able to record the output of the modular and use that in your video rather than the phone/camera recording? It's difficult to tell what the kick and snare actually sound like with so much background noise and room ambience... looks good though!

Hi AW198,

I am planning to get more sophisticated in my video recording..... and I have made a few changes on the channel.... uploaded a new Channel Trailer !

I will either run the modular into a mixer and feed the camera.... or I will do audio overdub on the computer... depending on which turns out to be fastest.

Up to the present time I was only interested in making simple videos with minimum time and effort..... but that has changed and going forward I am paying more attention to lighting and sound quality as well a more polished presentation.... wish me luck.... and thanks for your comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvs8UbtfjOg
rob909101
various ways of doing this. adding timbral complexity with FM skips alot of the process but lacks the same precise control
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1