MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

eurorack flying mute
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author eurorack flying mute
niyo80
hi
i would like to build a sort of flying mute button for eurorack, to be placed between 2 patch cables or to be attached directly to the input or output.
I know practically nothing about electronics so any kind of help is ok. It should be pretty small!
thanks in advance!
ashleym
A cable with a switch midway along it?
niyo80
ashleym wrote:

Maybe, but in a crouded patch it would probably be confusing and hard to figure out quickly what you are going to mute. So ideally it should be like just the jack of the cable with incorporated the mute button and the i/o socket for the patch cable, So that it would be placed directly on the module
R.U.Nuts
ashleym wrote:

Or a box with switches that you put next to your rack. You could also build in other passive utilities like multiples, OR-combiners, attenuators or even passive vactrol VCAs.
EATyourGUITAR
nah bro just pull the cable out
niyo80
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
nah bro just pull the cable out

Haha...how didnt i think about that!
Apart from causing clipping noise and not precise timing
Rex Coil 7
R.U.Nuts wrote:
ashleym wrote:

Or a box with switches that you put next to your rack....

Yeeeeeeyup ....

(see the little box with all of the 3.5mm jacks and a few toggle switches).

Here's a block diagram of how it is wired up ...stupid useful, this.

... connected up to an Arturia MicroBRUTE ...

$35.00 or so?

thumbs up
R.U.Nuts
Nice! Here's what I did: You see the two strips in between the 3U rows? That are aluminium U-rails from a hardware store. They now contain 10 multiples, five attenuators and three switches.
Rex Coil 7
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Nice! Here's what I did: You see the two strips in between the 3U rows? That are aluminium U-rails from a hardware store. They now contain 10 multiples, five attenuators and three switches.
AH! Very good! Nicely thought out use of space. Looks very utilitarian ... more of this type of thing is needed in nearly every system I see. Trunk lines are super helpful as well, especially in larger systems (5U really, due to the width and spread of the 4 foot wide system).

thumbs up Well done.

(I've unsubscribed from this thread - I'm not upset, just trying to keep my number of subscribed threads under better control - if you wish to correspond please feel free to send me a PM, I'll be happy to hear from you - thanks!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1