MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clouds effect?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Clouds effect?
tomatoes
Are there any other modules that can replicate the sound of clouds with blend all the way up?

Not even necessarily specifically limited to a granular sampler but just anything that can do that cool fade effect.
xenosapien
Maybe Audio Damage´s "Spectre" ?
Footkerchief
tomatoes wrote:
Are there any other modules that can replicate the sound of clouds with blend all the way up?

Not even necessarily specifically limited to a granular sampler but just anything that can do that cool fade effect.

Blend controls four different parameters on Clouds:
Quote:
Dry/wet balance.
Stereo spread (amount of random panning/balance applied to the grains).
Feedback amount.
Reverberation amount.

Which one are you turning up?
savethisrocketship
Enjoy the show!
Dcramer
I think you can replicate it with ‘two Clouds’ modules...
. lolspew
tomatoes
Footkerchief wrote:
tomatoes wrote:

Blend controls four different parameters on Clouds:
Quote:
Dry/wet balance.
Stereo spread (amount of random panning/balance applied to the grains).
Feedback amount.
Reverberation amount.

Which one are you turning up?

It would be the effect you get with clouds with a fully wet sound, sorry for any confusion.
tomatoes
xenosapien wrote:
Maybe Audio Damage´s "Spectre" ?

Super neat module to be sure but it seems you can only get close with infinite on while retriggering it whenever you get a change in the input signal (if I understand it correctly). That's a really cool sound for sure but still not really like the continuously changing sound you can get with clouds.
cptnal
If you're referring to that Clouds sound, only Clouds does that. So much so that even the guy who made it got fed up with it. zombie
Hezza11
Sorry to post the obvious but if you want that clouds effect, why not use a clouds? Plenty of secondhand, diy, micro, expanded, alternate firmware versions kicking around.
MarcelP
Dcramer wrote:

Cuz by doubling the knobs you can effectively get them all to go to 20 - and thats, like, twice as good as 10!
Apfelmann
MarcelP wrote:
Dcramer wrote:

Cuz by doubling the knobs you can effectively get them all to go to 20 - and thats, like, twice as good as 10!

mine goes to 11
scrunday
Dcramer wrote:
. lolspew

lol I can't wait to see what Clouds 2 inspires you to post.
fishdog
maybe Ultraviolet Granular module for er-301?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1