MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anybody using Beatstep Pro to Sequence Mother-32?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Anybody using Beatstep Pro to Sequence Mother-32?
IGotTheBends
I am putting my first modular together and that includes a Mother-32. To save rackspace, and mostly to save money, I was hoping to get a Beatstep Pro. However, I have come across posts where people are having trouble sequencing the Mother-32 with a Beatstep Pro. Apparently, the latter does not have compatible control voltage for Mother-32.

Has anyone used the aforementioned combination? If so, have you run into any troubles?
indifference point
I almost always sequence mother with beatstep and it works just fine. What issues have you seen cited?
IGotTheBends
indifference point wrote:
I almost always sequence mother with beatstep and it works just fine. What issues have you seen cited?

This -> https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/4o8b6h/strange_cv_scali ng_beatstep_promother_32/
BenA718
If you set 0V for C3, the BSP will run a Mother-32 via CV just fine in my experience. I just tracked an entire album using the BSP > Mother-32 for the bass lines and I had no issues whatsoever.
indifference point
Yeah maybe I set my bsp long ago as Ben describes and I forgot about it. Even without doing that though, if the bsp is running too high of v/oct you can also simply change the root note on your mother (e.g. select C2 or C3 on the mother so the octaves are lower when seq'd from bsp).

I've never noticed significant tracking issues but I generally don't sequence more than a couple octaves.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1