MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC - Doepfer case expansion kit!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ADDAC - Doepfer case expansion kit!
Faustgeist
Pretty ingenious!

Removes the upper / lower Doepfer name plate and allows mounting of three 4hp modules sideways.



For those of use with Monster cases, perhaps some creating drilling will allow two expansion frames side-by-side for six new module placements.

Well done ADDAC. Now, how about a kit to shift around the Doepfer frames and add a 1U rail? nanners

Full instructions : http://www.addacsystem.com/sites/default/files/files/ExpansionKit_Asse mblyGuide.pdf

Hopefully this has not been already discussed ad nauseum,
~Robin

euromorcego
Faustgeist wrote:

Hopefully this has not been already discussed ad nauseum,

that not.

But the last incarnation of this idea got rather mixed reviews: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152526
ersatzplanet
Faustgeist wrote:
Well done ADDAC. Now, how about a kit to shift around the Doepfer frames and add a 1U rail?


That is not particularly easy to do since the middle rails attach behind the clasp that hold the covers on. The clasp are riveted so would have to be drilled out. Then the top and bottom rails are currently avoiding the metal trim that surrounds the edges of the opening and would have to move either up or down, resulting in the topmost and bottommost rails having to have their mounting screws go through both the metal trim and the corner metal brackets which are also riveted in place. The back rivets on these brackets align in one dimension to where the mounting screws are currently for the rails, but you would be lucky if they also aligned in the other dimension too.

Even if you were to pass those hurdles, I don't think it can be done, the overall inside height of the standard 6P cabinet is 12.125 and the standard for a 7U space is 12.219 inches so the 1U size would not be standard.
Faustgeist
[quote="ersatzplanet"]
Faustgeist wrote:

Even if you were to pass those hurdles, I don't think it can be done, the overall inside height of the standard 6P cabinet is 12.125 and the standard for a 7U space is 12.219 inches so the 1U size would not be standard.


Rgr that. Pretty cool approach they took, I like it. (alas only Monster cases here)

~R
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah 1u wouldn't be as easy but I wish it were possible. ADDAC should create a third 1U option which is based around 4-8hp modules placed horizontally!
ADDAC System
Faustgeist wrote:
Rgr that. Pretty cool approach they took, I like it. (alas only Monster cases here)

~R


Much appreciated Faustgeist!
noisewreck
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Yeah 1u wouldn't be as easy but I wish it were possible. ADDAC should create a third 1U option which is based around 4-8hp modules placed horizontally!

applause we're not worthy hihi very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group