MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Using Easel keyboard to trigger modular.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Using Easel keyboard to trigger modular.
mousegarden
Is it possible to use the Easel keyboard outputs to control my Euro gear? I guess I'll need a CV converter to match voltages?
Umcorps
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synovatron-cvgt1


Job done. Both ways.
mousegarden
Umcorps wrote:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synovatron-cvgt1


Job done. Both ways.


Thanks, I just couldn't remember what it was, I feel guilty for being lazy now!

thumbs up
Umcorps
Disting Mk IV also does 1.2 to 1v/oct and vice versa (who would have thunk) but you have to make your own nanajack cables and work out another way to connect the Easel ground to your Euro to avoid problems with the keyboard. So its handy if you're space challenged or just need a quick occasional solution but the CVGT1 way better if you have the space.
hermbot
Umcorps wrote:
Disting Mk IV also does 1.2 to 1v/oct and vice versa (who would have thunk) but you have to make your own nanajack cables and work out another way to connect the Easel ground to your Euro to avoid problems with the keyboard. So its handy if you're space challenged or just need a quick occasional solution but the CVGT1 way better if you have the space.


The Disting also does the normal gate to Buchla gate conversion, in addition to the 1.2 to 1. I was looking at a CVGT1 but realized the Disting would probably get me by for a while...

Disting Manual wrote:
This algorithm is for interfacing Eurorack (or more generally, any analogue synths using the
1V/octave standard) with Buchla synths.
Input X/Output A convert a pitch CV from the 1V/octave standard to the 1.2V/octave standard.
Input Y is a gate input, triggering when the level exceeds 1V. From this, a Buchla-format combined
gate & trigger is generated from output B. This is a 4ms pulse at 10V, followed by a sustained gate
at 5V.
mousegarden
Umcorps wrote:
Disting Mk IV also does 1.2 to 1v/oct and vice versa (who would have thunk) but you have to make your own nanajack cables and work out another way to connect the Easel ground to your Euro to avoid problems with the keyboard. So its handy if you're space challenged or just need a quick occasional solution but the CVGT1 way better if you have the space.


Thanks, I'm OK for space, so I'll go for the CVGT I think.
I just fancy having a bit of fun triggering my Euro modules from that Easel keyboard.
b4
mousegarden wrote:
I just fancy having a bit of fun triggering my Euro modules from that Easel keyboard.


Do you have any experience to share? I also want to connect my Easel keyboard (218) with my Eurorack. Are there any issues using the pitch and pulse CV from the 218 to modulate the 208 at the same time additionally consuming the voltage by the CVGT1 to control another oscillator?
memes_33
I might be mistaken, but don’t the gate outputs from 218 peak at +15v? So not good for euro?

Edit: see this: http://buchlatech.blogspot.com/2008/10/good-thing-about-standards-so-m any-to.html?m=1
mousegarden
b4 wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
I just fancy having a bit of fun triggering my Euro modules from that Easel keyboard.


Do you have any experience to share? I also want to connect my Easel keyboard (218) with my Eurorack. Are there any issues using the pitch and pulse CV from the 218 to modulate the 208 at the same time additionally consuming the voltage by the CVGT1 to control another oscillator?


I've yet to track down that Synovatron module, as soon as I do I'll let you know. I'm torn between a Midi interface, and the Buchla converter.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group