MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Feasability of modification to MI Yarns code
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Feasability of modification to MI Yarns code
tioJim
Hello

Before I embark upon setting up a suitable dev environment and diving into Yarns' codebase, what's the feasability of the following modification to Yarns?

Latched transpose on MIDI note received whilst playing step sequence.

When a MIDI in note is received whilst the step sequencer is playing, the sequence is transposed such that that note becomes its root. When the key is released, the sequence returns to it's recorded state. I would prefer that it remains transposed until another MIDI note is received. That is to say, the transposition is latched rather than momentary.

Thanks
Jim
johny_gtr
I think it's easier to ask Olivier via contact form on MI site. He answers quickly and very detailed.

https://mutable-instruments.net/contact/
tioJim
johny_gtr wrote:
I think it's easier to ask Olivier via contact form on MI site. He answers quickly and very detailed.

https://mutable-instruments.net/contact/

sure thing, thanks
2disbetter
If you are comfortable with the environment and bare bones setting then of course it is possible.

I think the real question is, is this feature worth the time investment.

If you can answer yes to that then that is all that matters (assuming you are capable on the programming front).
pichenettes
What happens when you hold the START/STOP button while the sequence is playing? This should cause all Note Off message to be ignored - effectively latching the keyboard.
tioJim
pichenettes wrote:
What happens when you hold the START/STOP button while the sequence is playing? This should cause all Note Off message to be ignored - effectively latching the keyboard.

Ah, marvellous. I'll give that a try. Thanks Olivier
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1