MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Random Harmonies : new video serie by Wired Brain.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Random Harmonies : new video serie by Wired Brain.
The Junglechrist
Hello everyone ! I take the liberty to come here to present you our new video serie called Random Harmonies.

For this series we will focus on generative music, those weird sequences that evolve over time without any human interaction and never realy repeat themselves. Why Random Harmonies? "Random" because we will always use the dice to tell us how long the piece will be and most of the actions in the patches are going to be dictated by random voltage generators. "Harmonies" because we will use modules such as quantizers and various patch technics to keep everything melodic and in tune, even tho the tonal progressions might be unusual or disturbing.

Here is our first creation and introduction to this concept : Walking Unknown Grounds

robkramble
Wicked man! Keep 'em coming please!

Judging from past posts of yours I've seen, we have similar tastes in modules and patching aesthetics. Looking forward to the next one! applause
The Junglechrist
robkramble wrote:
Wicked man! Keep 'em coming please!

Judging from past posts of yours I've seen, we have similar tastes in modules and patching aesthetics. Looking forward to the next one! applause

Thanks for the kind words sir ! I guess next will not be before september / october due to holiday + massive schedule after hehehe. But for sure we will do more of those, it is quite a cool exercice.
AW198
Nice! I'll be keeping and eye on this, definitely in line with my music.
cliffemu
What are your patching techniques for generating two or more related sequences and related progressions?
Only thing practical I’ve been able to figure out is to send everything through one, multichannel quantizer and offset all of the sequences at the same time (pre quantizer) for progressions.
The Junglechrist
cliffemu wrote:
What are your patching techniques for generating two or more related sequences and related progressions?
Only thing practical I’ve been able to figure out is to send everything through one, multichannel quantizer and offset all of the sequences at the same time (pre quantizer) for progressions.

In this one we did a simple 16 step seuqence in René and a 16 step sequence on the Verbos Multistage + sequence selector this one being clocked something like 16 time slower than the main one, both into a mixer going into Quantimator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1