MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bitwig 2.4 announced - Sampler enchantments and much more!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Bitwig 2.4 announced - Sampler enchantments and much more!
droningsphagettimonster
Bitwig is killing it. . . when they render the CPU load to GUI I'm afraid Bitwig is going to become as "perfect" as daw can be for me. I guess that's going to take couple of more months, but they are working on it (and most certainly listening carefully to their user base). Oh, and its 100$ off until 31. july!

Sampler overhaul
Extended MIDI channel support
New modulators: ParSeq-8, Note Counter
New devices: Note FX Layer, Channel Filter, Channel Map
Resizable tracks in Mix view
Resizable scenes in Arrange view
Colorable scenes
Controller take-over modes
On-screen controller visualization
Interaction-based hints
New quick start templates
Modulation workflow enhancements
And more...

https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_4

what do you think? w00t
KaOsphere
Nothing here to make me resub for the moment... smile
yghartsyrt
that subscription model is really a huge turn-off for me.
nangu
yghartsyrt wrote:
that subscription model is really a huge turn-off for me.

I hate subscriptions too. At least this appears to be a form of middle ground- if your subscription lapses, your installed software doesn't instantly turn into a pumpkin. You just lose access to future updates until you renew..

Considering that my OS is usually at least 'fashionably late' in order to maintain compatibility with some ancient thing or other, upgrades often aren't available to me anyway.

I would immediately buy a bunch of Adobe stuff if I still could, but I'm absolutely not renting software. This Bitwig setup seems reasonable enough that I might actually jump in at some point if it keeps looking tasty..
Shledge
If it supported my audio interface, I'd happily jump ship. At the moment it just spits out noise.
nangu
[edit] I’ll make my own thread instead of hijacking this one.

Sorry!
PatrickW
I switched from Ableton to Bitwig about 8 months ago.
I have not regretted it for one second.
And it is getting even better at an amazing pace.

My 3 favorites in this update :
- Sampler overhaul
- New modulators: ParSeq-8, Note Counter
- Resizable tracks in Mix view
shreeswifty
mE either
bitwig is refreshing after 10 years with abelton
mateo
Looking forward to this one, but I hope they get it out before my "upgrade plan" expires in September....

It's definitely refreshing after years of Ableton, although I find the warping really fiddly, and end up working with Live when I have to do a lot of it...
SB-SIX
Also switched from ableton to bitwig a few years ago (1.1). Returning to ableton now instantly makes me depressed and it feels crippled in many ways compared to bitwig. Looking forward to the update!
scozbor
No mention of the issue with the upper limit of the audio driver buffer size?

I've seen a few people mention it, but haven't looked into it too deeply.
Not sure how big an issue it is or if it's just a few isolated reports.

But I can't currently increase buffer size beyond a certain point (can't remember exactly what).

Not a huge problem - as long as it's fixed soon!
Panason
I was told that you only have to pay after 12 months for big upgrades, eg from 1 to 2 and that point upgrades, eg 2.2 to 2.3 are free?
droningsphagettimonster
You pay and get every major release for 12 months. Every user always get bug fixes patches for free on the curreny version they have (2.3.x) or whatever. So if your upgrade plan expires while they are on 2.5 for example you still get all the 2.5.x fix patches for free but youll need to upgrade for 2.6 and so one.

Support the devs, that team is truly making something special. People asked for more midi support and better sampler and here it is. For 2.5 I hope they focus on the fundamentals and existing devices (stability, workflow, ironing the remaining bugs and focus on the piano roll particularly) before they add more features.
pzoot
Shledge wrote:
If it supported my audio interface, I'd happily jump ship. At the moment it just spits out noise.

Jeez, what audio interface are you using, a Soundblaster Pro?
Shledge
Tascam 16x08 - works fine on everything except bitwig.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1