MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

utune default keyboard mapping?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author utune default keyboard mapping?
sizone
I give up. what should I set the middle key as and what should I set the corresponding voltage as if I want the same midi note entered into the utune to produce the same pitch as the same midi note entered into a hardware synth using midi tuning standard?

e: tried something different today.

middle note 84 (c7)

middle volt 60 (5.00v)

gets the utune in step with sunrizer on the ipad using A=440 as the base pitch. so that's the magic number for tuning with programs that take .scl files.

e day 3: more experimentation needed. the utune seems to be working with the monologue (which loads tuning files in .mts format).

middle note 69 (A5)

middle volt 60 (5.00v)

seem to be the working keyboard mapping numbers. not sure if the middle note is dependent on the size of the tuning (ie. 19 tone, 31 tone, ect.)
tubbutec
The middle note should be set to approximately the center of your midi keyboard. This is especially important when using scales with other than 12 notes. Playing the middle note will always result in the same pitch, no matter which scale is loaded.

The middle voltage is typically set to the same note number and the pitch then adjusted via the pitch knob of your vco. You can set the middle voltage to other values if required, but note that it might cap your pitch range on the lower or upper end.
sizone
tubbutec wrote:
The middle note should be set to approximately the center of your midi keyboard.

am I missing something? midi note numbers are 7 bit, but the note numbers on the utune go from 0-255.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1