Vocaloid 5

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Ears
Common Wiggler

Vocaloid 5

Post by Ears » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:06 pm

The Vocaloid 5 vocal synth https://www.vocaloid.com/en/ just came out. I am just starting to play with it, but so far it's cool. I feel like I get a little more control than ChipSpeech/ALTER EGO https://www.plogue.com/products/alter-ego.html though there are other trade offs. Any one else using these in their productions?

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:33 am

I'm curious what is different between the software and what is in the Vocaloid VKB? Anyone know I haven't found a way to compare this info.

I find the VKB an interesting instrument. I'm not into creating music with software, so while the sounds and stuff I find on it is interesting, I'd love to know what is missing in the VKB or is very different. (For example, can the VKB load these phrase packs? or new voices?)
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

svks
Learning to Wiggle

Post by svks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm using V5 and Piapro Studio (Crypton's proprietary editor, comes bundled with their vocaloids). The V5 is considerably lighter on the CPU and provides more editing capabilities, it also has presets of various voice tunings for more realistic or more artificial sounding vocals. As for Vocaloid keytar it is based on NSX-1 chip (same as used in Miku Stomp and Gakken 39) and can hold several vocaloid libraries, unlike mentioned devices.
Last edited by svks on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm

pmboos wrote:I'm curious what is different between the software and what is in the Vocaloid VKB? Anyone know I haven't found a way to compare this info.

I find the VKB an interesting instrument. I'm not into creating music with software, so while the sounds and stuff I find on it is interesting, I'd love to know what is missing in the VKB or is very different. (For example, can the VKB load these phrase packs? or new voices?)
Ping for any answers...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

rjungemann
Ultra Wiggler

Post by rjungemann » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Yep, you can add new phrases or voices, it's done using an iOS or Android app which connects to the keyboard over Bluetooth. The app is only in Japanese, but it's pretty quick to figure out how it works.

It will send MIDI out but you'll have to activate MIDI out after turning on the keyboard, from the mobile app, which is a minor inconvenience.

It is a nice size, though, and has a small collection of keyboard sounds on board in addition to the Vocaloid stuff.
My modular (ModularGrid). Check out my new synth-pop album, Umbram.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:09 am

Thanks for that info... Do you know if the Vocaloid app works on the latest versions of iOS?
---

giugno
Learning to Wiggle

Post by giugno » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:37 pm

Wow! Very interested in checking this out. I tried to figure out a torrented version of an older vocaloid program a while back, but it couldn't understand it or find directions in english :lol:

rjungemann
Ultra Wiggler

Post by rjungemann » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:27 pm

pmboos wrote:Thanks for that info... Do you know if the Vocaloid app works on the latest versions of iOS?
I know for certain it works on latest Android. The App Store page should show the compatible iOS versions.
My modular (ModularGrid). Check out my new synth-pop album, Umbram.

Return to “Music Software”