MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5823 Noise Sorcerer/Voltage Controlled Annihilator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Author 5823 Noise Sorcerer/Voltage Controlled Annihilator
Yes Powder
Can we talk about these? Nobody is, and I'd really like to.

The 5823 Noise Sorcerer is an amazingly fun (if not always predictable) noise source. Great for hi-hat sounds; just run it though an LPG and you're golden! Adds a lovely haze to raw waveforms run through it. Can do weird things when you hold a magnet up to it. Different behaviors between 5823A and various makes of 5823/Z900T tubes.
And dat plasma glow!

Also the Voltage Controlled Annihilator! Nasty pulse distortion/waveshaper from which you can coax a very unstable suboctave. (I've also found you can get it to behave more like a regular VCA by running audio to the CV in and vice-versa but why would you want to do a thing like that? whistlin')
Here's a track in which I get some subtle use out of it in order to restore attack transients to audio coming from a Montreal Assembly Goodbye24, which is a very lo-fi pitch/delay effect.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/everyonediesscreaming/tangles[/s]
EPTC
That's a truly awesome track man.
xthrasherx
I don't know how I did't see this thread... just assumed this sub forum was on a long sleep d'oh!

Excellent track btw SlayerBadger!

Love the Noise Sorcerer and Voltage Controlled Annihilation. The Noise Sorcerer is often used for FM duties on various harvestman filters, but I'm going to have to try feeding it some audio sources... hadn't thought about that. I most often use the ZI modules with various lower bit rate digital sound sources. Something magical about how the tubes interact with the jagged wave forms.

Here's a video I did using the Noise Sorcerer to drive the frequency of a self-oscillating polivoks filter.

Tube Tentacles
I wanted the Zerosum VCA. If in the future sold one, write me please.
Yes Powder
Tube Tentacles wrote:

Contact Zerosum directly and see if he can still make you one. That's what I did.

Also ask him what's the status of the Desolation. I might be after one in a couple months.
Tube Tentacles
Yes Powder wrote:
Tube Tentacles wrote:

Contact Zerosum directly and see if he can still make you one. That's what I did.

Also ask him what's the status of the Desolation. I might be after one in a couple months.

Desolation??

He told me that are out of stock. And make me one is expesive becase he hasn't all the parts of the module :(
Yes Powder
Tube Tentacles wrote:
Desolation??

He told me that are out of stock. And make me one is expesive becase he hasn't all the parts of the module :(

Oh, bummer. Desolation is a new module that he teased earlier this year. Haven't heard anything new about it yet though.
Tube Tentacles
Yes Powder wrote:
Tube Tentacles wrote:
Desolation??

Oh, bummer. Desolation is a new module that he teased earlier this year. Haven't heard anything new about it yet though.

Sound good the name of the module. I hope hear soon news. Thanks for your help.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Page 1 of 1