MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Fixing a dodgy Plumbutter banana plug
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Fixing a dodgy Plumbutter banana plug
rmro
I recently acquired a Plumbutter 2 second hand.

The Grey out on one of the Gongues will only work if I push the Banana plug to one side with my finger. When I let go it stops working.

Is this an easily fixable thing, or a get in touch with Patch Point kind of thing?

Thanks seriously, i just don't get it
corpusjonsey
Open it up and reflow/add solder. Might do the rest of them while you're in there.
ClausF
There's a therad here with clear instructions
justscratch
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169993
rmro
Ah thanks, I actually came across this thread after posting.

Also I started un-doing some of the screws and it started working fine. Maybe it was a bit of pressure somewhere. If it plays up again I’ll have a look at re-soldering but it it ain’t broke...
pugix
rmro wrote:
Ah thanks, I actually came across this thread after posting.

Also I started un-doing some of the screws and it started working fine. Maybe it was a bit of pressure somewhere. If it plays up again I’ll have a look at re-soldering but it it ain’t broke...

But it is broke. An intermittent connection doesn't fix itself. These are easy to resolder.
meska
pugix wrote:
An intermittent connection doesn't fix itself.

what a good signature quote ^^
Oldstench
Yeah...open and resolder all of the jacks. Nearly half of mine were dodgy which was quite disconcerting, but eh, nothings perfect.
rmro
Long shot, but as I've never soldered anything before it feels a bit ominous to start on my PB.

Is there anyone London based which could give me a solder 101?

Also I don't actually own one but did look at buying something (Hakko I seem to remember)
pugix
rmro wrote:
Long shot, but as I've never soldered anything before it feels a bit ominous to start on my PB.

Is there anyone London based which could give me a solder 101?

Also I don't actually own one but did look at buying something (Hakko I seem to remember)

Youtube is your friend. Plenty of soldering tutorials.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1