MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Double Andore left channel envelope problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Double Andore left channel envelope problem
lordymosh
Hi, new to this whole eurorack hobby for 2 weeks now and I got the double andore second hand. I noticed that for particular wavetable values for the left channel it keeps fluctuating between say 7 and 8 and a few others without any cv added. Both wavebanks have some waves that do this. The right channel wavetable works perfectly fine. No fluctuation without cv.

Has anybody else had this problem before?
mt3
You're referring to the Double Andore mk I.

I call this a "feature": intermediate access of wavetable states (aka 7.5).

This can be tuned and adjusted by the "fine" knob in the Decay section when you have pressed the CV Select button so that the Shape is selected (LED is red).
Both sides should work identically.
robotopsy
When this happens.... it's that you're slightly in the middle value of 2 wave. Call this a feature it can do some nice stuff when this fluctuate. But if you don't want this, just adjust the knob carefully. If you try running your envelopes at audio rate in LFO mode, this will add some crazy noise for sure Rockin' Banana!

lordymosh wrote:
Hi, new to this whole eurorack hobby for 2 weeks now and I got the double andore second hand. I noticed that for particular wavetable values for the left channel it keeps fluctuating between say 7 and 8 and a few others without any cv added. Both wavebanks have some waves that do this. The right channel wavetable works perfectly fine. No fluctuation without cv.

Has anybody else had this problem before?
lordymosh
mt3 wrote:
You're referring to the Double Andore mk I.

I call this a "feature": intermediate access of wavetable states (aka 7.5).

This can be tuned and adjusted by the "fine" knob in the Decay section when you have pressed the CV Select button so that the Shape is selected (LED is red).
Both sides should work identically.

robotopsy wrote:
When this happens.... it's that you're slightly in the middle value of 2 wave. Call this a feature it can do some nice stuff when this fluctuate. But if you don't want this, just adjust the knob carefully. If you try running your envelopes at audio rate in LFO mode, this will add some crazy noise for sure Rockin' Banana!

I had a check and you're both right! I had the left channel cv selection on shape and the fine knob was not at zero. d'oh!

I wish this module had a proper manual.
mt3
It does:

lordymosh
mt3 wrote:
It does:

Thanks! I can't wait to know this module inside out. Its the module that has intrigued me the most out of my rack so far. Putting the lfo in audio rate is so much fun.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1