MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

MFB Dominion 1 tuning?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author MFB Dominion 1 tuning?
mutierend
In all of my searching, I have found one video that explains how to tune the Dom 1. It's grainy, dark, hard to hear, and hard to understand. My Dom1 is woefully out of tune and I feel like I'm making it worse each time I try to tune it.

Has anyone figured out the tuning procedure for the Dom1 and can share it here? Or any other tips/guidance? My Dom1 is unusable until I get this sorted.
GuyaGuy
This is the only demo or set of instructions I've seen for it

Dave Peck
What an unusual calibration procedure, using the envelope controls to do double-duty as the 'trim pots'. But it looks like it works pretty well.
beefpoweredcars
Did you ever sort this out? I'm having the same problem. I have tried to follow the video on Vimeo that outlines the tuning procedure several times but it has not helped. I tried reinstalling the OS and that didn't help.
beefpoweredcars
I tried the calibrating procedure again and was able to get it much closer to perfectly tracking all across the keyboard. Much better now! Someone on Facebook reiterated what is brushed over in the tuning video, which is that the first 3 sliders are the ever-important RANGE setting, and that sliders 5, 6, and 7 are the tunings within that range. It's tricky. So make sure that you are tuning in the lowest octave setting on the oscillator section, then get a good C tuned on the lowest key, here's the maddening part, once you have a C tuned, check if all the other C's up the keyboard are in tune, if they are not (which they won't be the first bunch of times), then you have change the RANGE slider and start the whole process over again. Once you have the first oscillator RANGE and tuning slider all dialed in, the following oscillators will require settings which are close but not the exact same as the first oscillator; which helps speed things up after the slow start. I hope this helps!
droningsphagettimonster
Hopefully someone can make idiot proof step by step instructions on how to calibrate that thing.
mutierend
beefpoweredcars wrote:
the first 3 sliders are the ever-important RANGE setting, and that sliders 5, 6, and 7 are the tunings within that range. It's tricky. So make sure that you are tuning in the lowest octave setting on the oscillator section, then get a good C tuned on the lowest key, here's the maddening part, once you have a C tuned, check if all the other C's up the keyboard are in tune, if they are not (which they won't be the first bunch of times), then you have change the RANGE slider and start the whole process over again. Once you have the first oscillator RANGE and tuning slider all dialed in, the following oscillators will require settings which are close but not the exact same as the first oscillator; which helps speed things up after the slow start. I hope this helps!

This was very helpful. Uwe glosses over that bit in the video and it seems he has much better luck getting things tuned. I'm warming up the Dom 1 right now and I'll give this a try.
droningsphagettimonster
Any luck woth calibrating the vcf tracking? My vcos are perfect but the filter barely tracks 2 octaves
droningsphagettimonster
...turns out that its done in the filter settnings. the vcf tracks perfectly -/+ 5 cents across the keyboard now. It was just a matter of setting the lowest note on the keyboard to a perfect C, while transposed -12, than making it drone with the hold button, going to the highest C on the keyboard and adjust the 2th setting of the vcf menu to another perfect C (mine says CE.7). Than press enter. I did not mess around with the third setting.
droningsphagettimonster
...so has anybody here managed to calibrate the oscillators and care to share their experiences? im going to have to learn it eventually as this instrument is a keeper
droningsphagettimonster
found this document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MMd6hvleTMejdvbW5ubXdCYW8/view?fbcl id=IwAR1hOTPJ3LPUvjodDQnmETzxtgstszCI-S4haeiiq-6rekjdWrrsp9lV25U

seems to be helpful but not as precise as I was hoping. . . anyone here managed to calibrate that synthesizer?
droningsphagettimonster
hello all,

new calibration video from Uwe, much better and more precise than the old one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLv4hUB_zSY&feature=youtu.be
JAO
droningsphagettimonster wrote:
hello all,

new calibration video from Uwe, much better and more precise than the old one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLv4hUB_zSY&feature=youtu.be

excellent. thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1