MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to stop clips from firing in Live
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author How to stop clips from firing in Live
talkboxert
Hey Guys, sorry if this is kind of noobish but I used Live for a while now and have not encountered this before:

I have this problem in live where all clips start playing when I launch 1 clip. I've tried spreading the clips to different scenes but still the same behaviour.

It seems as if the clips are somehow grouped so they all launch together

any thoughts on this?
mt3
Can you toggle clips on/off?
Select a clip and press "0" to toggle it on and off.

Do you have any clips in the Arrangement window?
Panason
Welcome to Ableton land waah As far as I know every time you press play BOTH Arrangement and Session will start playing together and the only way to avoid this is to select and deactivate the clips you don't want playing....or delete them. seriously, i just don't get it
authorless
Are you launching them from a hardware controller? Even clips in the same track start playing?
widdly
Press the stop all clips button in the lower right side of the gui in the master track.

Then press play on the single clip you want to play.
pottering
Each track in Session has its own stop button too, below the Clips but above the mixer, right besides the pie graph that shows the looping time.

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/session-view/#7-3-the-track-status-f ields
SunSpots
Did you solve this problem? If not can you send us a screenshot of your clip and session view while everything is playing? The solution is probably extremely simple and you just don't know which button to click and I don't want to explain where the buttons are to be easier for me to take your picture and put a circle around a little button cool
Richie Jape
if you right click an empty clip you can also erase the stop button which comes in handy if you want the clip above it to keep playing when you go to a new scene ...

not sure that's particularly helpful to you in this case but sort of related This is fun!
Panason
Apprently if you have a lot of clips in a project, removing their stop button can reduce CPU consumption... but this may have been fixed.
juna
This is not really relevant to above topic, but a live question anyway.. Is there any difference in live 10 box version and the download version? Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1