MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

New Analogue Solutions Generator Step Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author New Analogue Solutions Generator Step Sequencer
Sounds From The Shed
18/12 A Big Loop

Complete guide to the Generator Part 1

Complete guide to the Generator part 2

Halloween Horror

Draft Manual:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b15641d55b02c03124b073b/t/5b4b 369c758d462d955e2817/1531655876594/generator+manual+.pdf

I've been fortunate enough to acquire one of these early and have had a load of fun this afternoon playing about with it.

It's designed for live tweaking of the patterns and really works well, especially using 2 synths together and using flipped gates so the synths play off each other when combined with the Patternator.

Lots of fun, I've been using it along with the Treadstone, Telemark and Nyborg 24.

Somehow ended up with a bit off an Elvis style rock n roll song hihi

I'll add some videos to the youtube channel below over the next few days:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQjhNYRRffKv49FF_ODNiYQ
dogoftears
i personally think this is one of the more interesting and novel step sequencers i've seen in a while. very unique approach.

my only gripe is that i wish there were 3 trig channels, one for each row, instead of just 1 plus the interval generator.

i wish there were more sequencers like this, where you can turn a single knob (or set of 4 knobs in this case) and have it affect the whole pattern-- and then have CV control over that. it seems one could construct some awesome pseudo-generative stuff with this bad boy.
Futuresound
Looks pretty interesting. Feels like they've taken some of the ideas developed in Euro sequencers and integrated them into a standalone.

How's the build quality?
Sounds From The Shed
Futuresound wrote:
Looks pretty interesting. Feels like they've taken some of the ideas developed in Euro sequencers and integrated them into a standalone.

How's the build quality?

Really solid, really nice to use. And lots of cv options. I've currently got it synced to 3 Telemarks a Treadstone and a Nyborg 24.

The pattern changes are so easy with the Voltage Generator and patternator.
Sounds From The Shed
Made a short video of the first sequence on the Generator

The Generator is sequencing a Treadstone and Nyborg 24 and sending sync to 3x Oberkorns controlling 3x Telemarks.

All transpose and sound tweaks done live (pretty basic song to be honest smile )

Sounds From The Shed
dogoftears wrote:
i personally think this is one of the more interesting and novel step sequencers i've seen in a while. very unique approach.

my only gripe is that i wish there were 3 trig channels, one for each row, instead of just 1 plus the interval generator.

i wish there were more sequencers like this, where you can turn a single knob (or set of 4 knobs in this case) and have it affect the whole pattern-- and then have CV control over that. it seems one could construct some awesome pseudo-generative stuff with this bad boy.

It is really immediate and intuitive to use, definately unique. The flipped gate is currently one of my favourite features for playing off 2 synths against each other.
Sounds From The Shed
Put together a tutorial of the very basics for connecting to the Generator.

Simple stuff but it may be of help to someone smile

Sounds From The Shed
And one more showing the Voltage Generator Transposing Patterns

A young Nun called Maria agreed to help out with this one hihi

MindMachine
Excellent. Nice to see something new from them and not just another repackage.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Meh! boring. Tom could never make a sequencer that goes beyond 16 steps. (as in a sequencer with 3 rows of 16 steps).

All you get on this one is the same as his oberkorns. 1 row for pitch and the other 2 rows for filter or something else.
Sounds From The Shed
In this video, the Generator sequence is changed on the fly by varying the gate pattern, start and end points and pitch smile

Sounds From The Shed
A short midi sync demo where the sequencer is stopped, started and has the gate pattern changed via midi.

The generator is sequencing 2 Nyborg 24's and leads and Arps are from a Fusebox and Telemark Keys modulated by 2 x Oberkorns.
Sounds From The Shed
Had to repost the video as I spotted 2 typos d'oh!

milkshake
This seems to have a great user interface and some cool new features.
Not that expencive either.

Btw. You also make amazing sounding insrtuments.

we're not worthy
Sounds From The Shed
The idea behind it is to encourage tweaking and performance with the sequence.

It's really quite intuitive to use so you can more or less get up and running right away and get great ideas for tracks. cool
oldgearguy
Sounds From The Shed wrote:

It's really quite intuitive to use so you can more or less get up and running right away and get great ideas for tracks. cool

Looks interesting. Although the spacing between the knobs looks a little tight. If you inadvertently bump an adjacent knob does it's value change or is it pretty resistant to small bumps?
Sounds From The Shed
oldgearguy wrote:

Looks interesting. Although the spacing between the knobs looks a little tight. If you inadvertently bump an adjacent knob does it's value change or is it pretty resistant to small bumps?

Fortunately they have enough resistance to survive that, pretty important for when you are tuning without using the quantization as that could get annoying if a knock put the tuning out even a little bit.
neuroportal
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Meh! boring. Tom could never make a sequencer that goes beyond 16 steps. (as in a sequencer with 3 rows of 16 steps).

All you get on this one is the same as his oberkorns. 1 row for pitch and the other 2 rows for filter or something else.

Sounds a bit unncessary?

Also, Megacity.
Man-In-A-Suitcase

I've been fortunate enough to acquire one of these early and have had a load of fun this afternoon playing about with it.

looks like you have also been fortunate to be supplied with every other bit of AS equipment, you're not a paid shill for Tom are you ?

neuroportal wrote:
Sounds a bit unncessary?

nope not at all.

neuroportal wrote:
Also, Megacity.

that's about the same size as Dredd's apartment.
Sounds From The Shed
Have we met before or have i annoyed you somehow in a previous life hihi

If you look at my youtube home page you'll see some of my other gear in the pic at the top. I use loads of stuff though admittedly have enjoyed using a lot of the Analogue solutions gear for the past 6 or 7 months. No harm in that?
Sounds From The Shed
MindMachine wrote:
Excellent. Nice to see something new from them and not just another repackage.

It has some great ideas put into it and feels nice to use. Really solid bit of kit.
Sounds From The Shed
A short video of the sequencer being used as a vco

Sounds From The Shed
I made an 8 step sequence, which is played by 2 synths a Nyborg 24 and Telemark Keys, 1 with flipped gate so it plays the gate when its off for the other synth.

I then varied the pattern by adjusting the gate.

Kicks is from an Oberkorn syncing a Telemark, additional bass is another Oberkorn sequencing a Telemark.

I then hit record and tweaked like mad

Sounds From The Shed
Another video, some day I might have to try and do some work instead of playing and making videos smile

The Generator is Transposing a Nyborg 24. Additonal bass from a Nyborg 24, leads from 2 x Telemark. Clock and Gate signal is from Logic.
Rex Coil 7
Had to repost the video as I spotted 2 typos d'oh!

Make that three .....

It is really immediate and intuitive to use, definately unique.

"Definitely" has no "A" in it ... just remember that it's core word is "finite". Think of it like "de finite ly" with the word "finite" in the middle and it becomes easier to recall.

Yes yes .. I know .. I know .. I'm a picky fekker .. everyone is good at something I suppose.

lol lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8