MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths DIY Bassline
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Erica Synths DIY Bassline
Girts23
Dear colleagues, inspired by super-positive response to our upcoming Bassline module in the Techno System, we decided to develop a lite version for DIYers! Erica Synths Bassline is full analogue synth voice module for ultimate acid basslines. It features highly stable AS3340-based VCO with three waveforms, a filter inspired by Erica Synths Acidbox, distinct overdrive circuit and unique feature – transistor-based suboscillator. Accent provides more expression to the bassline, by adding volume and opening the VCF slightly.

FEATURES:
Full analogue circuit
Great 1V/oct tracking
Simultaneous Triangle, Square and Master outputs
Accent
Overdrive
Transistor-based suboscillator
VCF and VCA decay envelopes
LP/BP VCF
External VCO FM and VCF cutoff CV inputs

DIY kits starting from 50EUR are available in three versions:
1) Set of 2 PCBs + rare ICs + mechanical parts (PCB connectors and spacer),
2) Set of 2 PCBs + rare ICs + mechanical parts (PCB connectors and spacer)+ panel,
3) Full kit.

Check out the Erica Synths webshop! Also you'll find assembly instructions there.

And here's a great demo from Synth DIY Guy!

Enjoy!
TheMentat
That thing sounds fantastic!
sekm
Looks great, I just ordered a couple other kits from you guys, might have to grab this one too when I'm done!
sicpaul
Hi Girts,

as i did order a PCB-set (and some other stuff) i took a look at the BOM leaving one question: What is the difference between the two 250k Pots?
I usually order the 9mm pots at TAYDA, so RD901/2 packages don't tell me too much. Are you able to give me a hint?
Best regards
(sic)paul
Girts23
sicpaul wrote:
Hi Girts,

as i did order a PCB-set (and some other stuff) i took a look at the BOM leaving one question: What is the difference between the two 250k Pots?
I usually order the 9mm pots at TAYDA, so RD901/2 packages don't tell me too much. Are you able to give me a hint?
Best regards
(sic)paul

One of them is stereo - dual gang
pod
Hey guys,

I just finished my build and I am getting a weird output from main out. On my scope it kinda looks like a very small and weird square, and no noise comes out!

I have triangle and square on the direct outputs, but they seem very high pitched. Adjusting the tuning screw doesn't seem to make a whole heap of difference.

I was super careful when placing, but obviously I have placed something wrong..any pointers? I have DMM and oscilloscope, but don't really know where to start!

Sorry!

jake very frustrating
aleszylder
pod wrote:
Hey guys,

I just finished my build and I am getting a weird output from main out. On my scope it kinda looks like a very small and weird square, and no noise comes out!

I have triangle and square on the direct outputs, but they seem very high pitched. Adjusting the tuning screw doesn't seem to make a whole heap of difference.

I was super careful when placing, but obviously I have placed something wrong..any pointers? I have DMM and oscilloscope, but don't really know where to start!

I am having the same problem: only a very high pitched tone coming out of all outputs...
Landsphere
Hey people..

I finished my build a couple of days ago and have since spent the time trying to problem solve it. Upon powering it up, I get the VCA Env LED flashing (as well as flashing on some of my other modules)..

Given the amount of resisitors, I double checked to make sure they were all located properly (I found one wrong which I have since corrected).
All diodes are in the correct way.
All electrolytic caps are in the correct way round.
I have continuity checked all the IC sockets for good connection to the board.
I have continuity checked the headers to check connection between both boards.

If I have just the control board plugged in, the rest of my system doesn't flash, so Im inclined to think the issue is on the main board, would you agree?
Any ideas for other things I could check?

Thanks.. Rob
Girts23
hi, Rob!
Drop an email to our support - info@ericasynths.lv. We’ll try figure out what’s wrong.

Girts
cathmart
quick question...for some reson I don't have a single gang B250 k Pot, I do have a B 500k pot, will that work in the R8..VCF envelope?
PrinceHal9000
I sent this to the good people at Erica, but wanted to post here to see if anyone had any insight:

I'm having a bit of trouble with 1V/Oct tracking on the Bassline:

No matter how much I adjust the "scale" trimpot, I can't seem to get a full octave per Volt during calibration.

While adjusting the R10 Scale Trimpot:
AT FULL CW:
C4 = 261 Hz
C5 = 478 Hz

AT FULL CCW:
C4 = 261 Hz
C5 = 492 Hz

I can't quite get a full octave.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Dokolasa
*UPDATE* talked to the poster above, who had already contacted Erica & got it sorted out. Apparently (at least in two cases) the kit included an incorrect trimpot for R10 (the brass screw by the Tune knob), a Bourns 3296W-1-102, with only 1k resistance. I took mine apart & sure enough, it was built with a 102... It should be replaced with a 3296W-1-103, which has 10k resistance. Hope this helps anybody else who can't get to a full octave upon calibration!

I'm having the same problem with a DIY build I picked up already assembled... did you ever get it figured out?

PrinceHal9000 wrote:
I sent this to the good people at Erica, but wanted to post here to see if anyone had any insight:

I'm having a bit of trouble with 1V/Oct tracking on the Bassline:

No matter how much I adjust the "scale" trimpot, I can't seem to get a full octave per Volt during calibration.

While adjusting the R10 Scale Trimpot:
AT FULL CW:
C4 = 261 Hz
C5 = 478 Hz

AT FULL CCW:
C4 = 261 Hz
C5 = 492 Hz

I can't quite get a full octave.
Any idea what could be wrong?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1