MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vtol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Vtol
nrdvrgr
Just stumbled on vtol.tk, and I could not find any info here on the forums about these Russian noisemakers. Anyone here tried any of the boxes? Impressions?
sublimit
I know Vtol personally, he's a really nice guy, and he once demonstrated those devices to me.

IMO they look and sound great, even though I'm not really into that bending sort of stuff.
sublimit
The funniest thing about his machines, is that every one of them has unique character, even 2 versions of the same model behave in somewhat different way.
He told me he sometimes finds it hard to sell a particular device 'cos he will miss that very types of sound.

BTW I remember him saying he's planning to make a Eurorack module sometime..
ether^ra
I can, without hesitation, recommend Dimitriy's fine ::VTOL::"circuit- bent" noise/sound generator synths. I have three of his pieces, the Volfram, the Corvax, and just recently. the Cramola...you can see all of these in action on my blog http://etherra.blogspot.com or on YouTube or Vimeo...GREAT pieces ALL!...great fun to play/explore with, plus you can interface them all for more compelling dystopian racket!!! I met with Dimitriy at the Bent Festival 2010 in Brooklyn a few months ago and found him to be not only a great guy, but he displayed a passion for his creative work that is rare in most artists. I count myself as lucky to have met this creative artist who continues to develop fantastic sound generators, and contributes to the vitality of the "circuit-bent sound/art/noise genre...from therimin to ::VTOL::...Russian electronic music creativity is thriving!
nrdvrgr
Thanks for the info!
I just got an email from Dmitry, and he is indeed a nice guy.
Will def check these things out.

(Nice blog btw ether^ra! Really impressive setup and intriguing sounds.)
zvukoprocessor
ether^ra is absolutely right. We have a few Vtol devices (Volfram + Expander, Zig-Zag and hEX) and I find volfram to be really unique sounding instrument it does not sound like a usual "circuit bent" or "square wave" cross modulated noise generator. It has a very special character that (imho) has no equivalent.
I think his line of devices already has established a new modular format. and it can easily be integrated into existing modular (euro in our case) via the CV and Gate to Banana switching converter built into my zig-zag. Also hEX and Zig-Zag can be used to control banana based circuit bent devices, like Gurfa does with her circuit bent gakken synth.

If someone in Europe is interested in hearing Vtol's devices live, here are the places we are going to play this September:

14.09 Bratislava, Slovakia (Kirdec/TKOCM)
15.09 Brno, Czech Republic (TKOCM)
18.09 Hungary (TKOCM)
20.09 Budapest, Hungary (TKOCM)
24.09 Portugal
27.09 Marcelle, France

its still in the planing stages so subject to change, more pleces may be added. And if someone has the ability to organize gigs and you want us to come to your city, fell free to send me a message. sorry for off topic, but as I'll be using mostly Vtol's devices I think its kind of relevant. the project is called The Klank Of Crno Migs (collaboration between Seventeen Migs Of Spring and Crno Klank)
nrdvrgr
Two and a half months after doing this thread - fuck yeah!

dan_p
"Fuck yeah" indeed SlayerBadger!

Thanks for posting this, I really like the sound of these vtol devices.

Are the bananas 4mm?

Keep posting sounds as you do them, very interested to hear what you get out of them.

Nice work thumbs up
nrdvrgr
dan_p wrote:
"Fuck yeah" indeed SlayerBadger!

Thanks for posting this, I really like the sound of these vtol devices.
Are the bananas 4mm?
Keep posting sounds as you do them, very interested to hear what you get out of them.
Nice work thumbs up

Thanks! Are there different kinds of bananas? I think these are the same type as Serge etc... they fit good in the MakeNoise Format Jumbler.
At the moment I feel totally confused with these devices - in a good way - they are very hard to understand at first, but they seem to have a lot of depth and "hidden" possibilities.
I will share my findings... and I am already lusting for a few other VTOL devices - Sonora and Volte-Face looks really interesting.
But first I need to pick up a few Pomonas wink
PF
Just got a personal demo by Herr Nordvargr´s Vtol devices and they are sounding very industrial noisy.......
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1