MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Class notes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Class notes
wackelpeter
Teusa Rass wrote:
Hi,
like Thomas Henry's books I'd like to find on Lulu
a pdf download version, or even better ePub,
to
1.- put it on my ebook reader, (not Kindle format)
2.- print it out and spiral bind it myself.

I'd pay the equal price for for an epub version like
for a printed, packed, and shipped over the seven seas book.

I feel like it might help saving the future
of us all by producing locally.

Was asking similar myself, firstly because i wanted to avoid the custom fees and heavy postage rates if shipped from USA, this Always Held me back from ordering at lulu.com.
Now as it seems the books will be printed here in europe, eventually in Germany too, and shipped from there. At least going by the postage costs i would think so.

...and well i ordered a bunch of Thomas Henry books too (5 or 6) can't remember exactly how many as this was yesterday evening…. wink

btw. if this experience (with lulu.com in General) turns out satisfying are there any other recommendable books for the modular and DIY Enthusiast they share? Browsing with the search function and the usual suspect key words didn't offered many or any interesting results for me.
Muzone
My copy just arrived, I'm only at the 'semi-modular stage' so far and this looks a great learning tool for the forward journey.

Book was locally printed (UK) with gloss covers, black plastic coated spiral bind, and decent quality paper/print - all in all a nice package and glad you kept the Tao of Signal frontispiece smile
Pelsea
Congratulations, you have the first one. I haven’t even seen it yet. I hope you enjoy it.
wackelpeter
Received wednesday the confirmation that my order was shipped… with a bit of fortune it will perhaps arrive tomorrow…
hsosdrum
Mine arrived yesterday and I know it'll answer lots of questions and provide lots of inspiration.

Very well done; thanks, Peter!
Pelsea
Well, I finally got to see a copy for myself, and I must say Lulu did a good job. Any problems that turn up are my fault.

Now all I need to do is sell it to people, and I've never been very good at that.
mister_wavey
mine arrived today. Very clear text and diagrams, nicely printed! Thanks for this!

10 days from order to delivery in the UK.
cptnal
mister_wavey wrote:

Calendar or working days? I ordered mine on 9 November and I'm watching the doormat with bated breath each day... hyper
mister_wavey
cptnal wrote:
mister_wavey wrote:

Calendar or working days? I ordered mine on 9 November and I'm watching the doormat with bated breath each day... hyper

calendar. 4d after the shipping notice.
Muzone
cptnal wrote:
mister_wavey wrote:

I ordered on Thu Nov 08 and it arrived on Fri Nov 16, remember they're locally printed so 'shipping' is really just posting and shouldn't take too long.....
cptnal
Muzone wrote:
cptnal wrote:
mister_wavey wrote:

I ordered on Thu Nov 08 and it arrived on Fri Nov 16, remember they're locally printed so 'shipping' is really just posting and shouldn't take too long.....

Yeah.... That's what I thought. Maybe the postman will have been good to me when I get home. seriously, i just don't get it
dooj88
got mine last evening, and brought it into work to read during downtime. i'm going through all of it as a refresher, and so far everything is presented in a clear and easy to understand language while not being textbook-ey with plenty of images. well done, very happy to have it!

if i may, i'd like to supplement thetruncated fourier transformation section with this video. it has a cool academic vaporwave feel to it, plus the 3d visualizations are great, clearly showing how to construct higher harmonic content from adding together sin waves with different frequencies/amplitudes

starts at 6:40

the video gets kind out out there at the end, but the core info is there.

anyway, congratulations on the book, loving it! applause
whyfarer
Just ordered. I'm quite looking forward to it.
Skotchi
Another satisfied customer. Beautifully done, and based on a relatively cursory glance of the content, I believe this will transform my understanding of sound synthesis.

Thank you!
Pelsea
Thank you all for your kind words. Don't be shy about telling your friends!

And please consider writing a review. grin
cptnal
dooj88 wrote:

starts at 6:40

the video gets kind out out there at the end, but the core info is there.

Tried to watch this but the graphics made me feel queasy. sick
Pelsea
I've fixed my website, to the book is easier to find:

http://peterelsea.com/Notes%20on%20Modular%20Synthesizers.html

Lulu is having a sale thru Nov 29, 20% off. Code TWENTY18
Needles
Ordered.
Thanks for writing!
acinonyx
Lulu has 35% off!

from lulu:

"TODAY ONLY: TAKE 35% OFF YOUR ORDER
Offer Expires 26 November at 11:59 PM EST
Your Coupon Code: CM35"
SmartBits
acinonyx wrote:
Lulu has 35% off!

from lulu:

"TODAY ONLY: TAKE 35% OFF YOUR ORDER
Offer Expires 26 November at 11:59 PM EST
Your Coupon Code: CM35"

Thanks, couldn't resist now... ordered! w00t
acinonyx
yeah, me too..! the deal is still on!

Extended Cyber Monday Deals:
Take 35% Off Print Books & Calendars
Offer Expires 27 November at 11:59 PM EST
Your Coupon Code: CM35
electricanada
I was going to hold out for a 40% sale, but caved and ordered at 35%. Looking forward to the read!
mister_wavey
very much enjoyed the book, and immediately started again when finished. The collection of patches will give me lots of fun and learning. I'd recommend this to everyone starting out.
wackelpeter
still waiting… got my shipment notice on November 14th but still no sign when they arrive…

Anyone has a idea where they could have been printed, when the shipping Destination is Germany? I maybe have to add that i also ordered 5 Thomas Henry books, while at it...

Will wait until weekend or next monday and then ask them if they can send me a tracking ID or tell where my order left.
a100user
My copy arrived today, looks good.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 4 of 6