MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Individual Modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Individual Modules
BugBrand
I've been pondering this for a while and figure it makes sense to start offering individual modules - but I won't be putting stock online, just open to discussion with people building systems. [ie. not overly pushing it]

At the moment I'm still waiting to get the CVCO and Dual Filter modules back into production (from the SynthVoice) and am only just beginning the ClockBox stuff (DDSR) but at least now I can put up some scant info & pricing in a new Individual Modules section of my website.

[I'm not working for a few chunks of August, by the way - semi-holiday time]
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
I've been pondering this for a while and figure it makes sense to start offering individual modules - but I won't be putting stock online, just open to discussion with people building systems. [ie. not overly pushing it]

At the moment I'm still waiting to get the CVCO and Dual Filter modules back into production (from the SynthVoice) and am only just beginning the ClockBox stuff (DDSR) but at least now I can put up some scant info & pricing in a new Individual Modules section of my website.

[I'm not working for a few chunks of August, by the way - semi-holiday time]


Awesome news Tom, getting an extra dual amplifier and dual envelope has been superb for my system, will definitely be keeping eyes peeled for the CVCO.
Hope you have some good holiday time! Boat
radams
Yes
I was just thinking about this a few days ago wishing I had a fine tune on my SYN2a. Had some precise tuning needs
nanners
lud
I'd like to take the CO filter out of my frame and replace with the dual filter and VCO when they're available for extra modularity
a100user
Interesting idea Tom,

Watching this thread with interest.
hank
nanners
lud
lud wrote:
I'd like to take the CO filter out of my frame and replace with the dual filter and VCO when they're available for extra modularity


After tonight's jam scratch this, CO filter works beautifully as a module in a rack for me.
Just need to start another rack when they're ready - amazing system you're building here Tom! New section of the website is good too
BugBrand
That highlights the different ethos of blue vs red:
The COFilter has the extra wrappings needed for direct studio work (preamps, mixing and 1/4" signal I/O) - I've personally only ever used it as an external processor (usually an aux send) & never bothered with the expander.
The Dual Filter, on the other hand, is designed for within a banana system.
DickMarker
Interesting development!
BananaPlug
This is a good thing on many levels. Also, COF feeding an aux bus is a great idea. I guess I’d considered it overkill (a silly concept in modular land).
thermisonic
Great news, I would love to build some modulation into my red Box system.

Rob
/\/\/\/
I have a 2-Frame made up of red modules... I really love it. Having everything together as a cohesive system really lends itself to playing.

I'm excited that the individual modules are being offered with the view of building up systems, as it is a great way to have a bridge between the two approaches (red and blue).

I find the Frames approach really impressive. They make up a well considered whole, almost as idealized systems. (I keep thinking how awesome the ClockBox looks, both conceptually as some kind of Time Prism type of device, and the aesthetic flow of it.) But also nice to be able to build up to that in a gradual way. Great news for sure.
KNYST
Great, Tom. I have missed this since... way back.
otoskope
Great development. The frames are great, but people will still alter them, expand them, etc. I guess we are soon back to how it was 10 years ago smile Which wasn't too bad at all. As long as it is a sustainable situation for yourself, Tom!

/Palle
BugBrand
otoskope wrote:
..I guess we are soon back to how it was 10 years ago :) Which wasn't too bad at all. As long as it is a sustainable situation for yourself, Tom!


Well, 7-8 years ago - the old stuff launched first in 2009.
Yes, I'm certainly keen not to rip everything up again, but I don't envisage any more such massive life side-steps! (didn't envisage the last one though...)
GryphonP3
I would adore adding some new blues to my old system. Some envelopes and VCAs would be fantastic.
BugBrand
I have both ready off-the-shelf right now.
Tajnost
Would be amazing to get a custom panel with SEQ1, CLK2A maybe more OSCs and 1 more LPG, a mixer.

The only thing could be better than this is a new Sequencing panel which was planned for the future as far as I know.
GryphonP3
Tajnost wrote:
Would be amazing to get a custom panel with SEQ1, CLK2A maybe more OSCs and 1 more LPG, a mixer.

The only thing could be better than this is a new Sequencing panel which was planned for the future as far as I know.


Tom is talking about the new blues out of the Synthvoice system. He has been clean out of old blues for some time now.
Tajnost
GryphonP3 wrote:
Tajnost wrote:
Would be amazing to get a custom panel with SEQ1, CLK2A maybe more OSCs and 1 more LPG, a mixer.

The only thing could be better than this is a new Sequencing panel which was planned for the future as far as I know.


Tom is talking about the new blues out of the Synthvoice system. He has been clean out of old blues for some time now.


Oh yes, I know. I was just thinking out loud. However, as soon as we can discuss it here with Tom maybe this will lead him to some thoughts. I really suffer without sequencing solution in my BB rack so as a result - just talk about it on every occasion smile

Ok, back to the topic... New Blues out of the Synthvoice... Well... What I think is if someone wants to share his SEQ/CLK modules with me I can get him as much new Blues as he really wants wink
/\/\/\/
One thing I was wondering about the Dual Filter... it's mentioned in the manual that this can be used to slew changing voltages.

Is there such a thing as a dedicated slew module, separate from just using a filter in this manner? And is there any particular advantage?
BugBrand
All ideas a fluid - lots of ideas pinging around, but I don't like to speak too soon in general.
Areas like sequencing have long been on my mind.
There is a slew/osc idea I keep on meaning to move forward.
(in response to the filter/slew point above -- that was kind of an added bonus - not sure how many people have really used it?)
Plus some other surprises.
When? Who knows!
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
All ideas a fluid - lots of ideas pinging around, but I don't like to speak too soon in general.
Areas like sequencing have long been on my mind.
There is a slew/osc idea I keep on meaning to move forward.
(in response to the filter/slew point above -- that was kind of an added bonus - not sure how many people have really used it?)
Plus some other surprises.
When? Who knows!


Lpf slew - I use it very often! Beyond the 2bit bin mux output it's my only means of glide in the system, and it's voltage controllable to boot!

Would also mirror tajnost's comment on sequencing..... a full featured step sequencer feels like a big gap in my system, hence the continual wtb posts hihi the ddsr has certainly helped with that to a degree, but something more 'intentional' for want of a better term would be most welcome.
Happy to add new modules as and when they come though! Joystick thread has me very excited.
DickMarker
The sub audio function on the left side of the filter is a little toolbox unto itself, what with the LP as a slew and the HP as a simple envelope. There's a lot going on in that module.
otoskope
Oh, I use the sub-audio filter feature a lot! Great tip on the HP as a simple env! And you can patch it up as an env-follower, too. So, yes, great feature.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group