MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new aphex twin - collapse EP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author new aphex twin - collapse EP
CoreInside
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/30/aphex-twin-elephant-and- castle-mystery-logos
Reality Checkpoint
Yep, looks like it. It's all over the twitter/insta sphere and rumours are rife. But it is typical AT marketing, and I shall be buying it whatever it is!
phats
hype!
smk
Excited to hear what he has coming out but I'm not expecting my life to change from it. I hope I'm wrong though.
amnesia
Reese P. Dubin
seriously praying for a return to drum and bass meltdown territory
jak
oh that's cool. I really liked the recent stuff. orphans came out same time last year.
phats
A lot of Aphex Twin stuff I'm not really into. I think if it was mp3s on some random sound cloud no-one would give it a second listen.

That said I truly love some of his stuff #13 from ambient works 2 is playing right now. Interested to hear whats coming.
jak
phats wrote:
A lot of Aphex Twin stuff I'm not really into. I think if it was mp3s on some random sound cloud no-one would give it a second listen.

I also think some tracks are totally random, but for me it's more about the fact that he is constantly evolving, always experimenting on such a consistently amazing level.
jensenluxvid
Reese P. Dubin wrote:

Yes.
murch33
jensenluxvid wrote:
Reese P. Dubin wrote:

Yes.

I must be the weirdo hoping he goes in the complete opposite direction and puts out SAW Vol. III.
chess1
Fuck. Yes. nanners
hex
My 2c, I'd be happy to hear further exploration of Digiridoo/Xylem Tube/Polygon Window territory.
porphyrion
Analord revisited for me please, but in retrospect I like most of his phases. The electro-acoustic so far was the least convincing for me personally. Logos might be a hint he's using G-W Raes' robots (his centre for contemporary music in Ghent was called Logos for the last 40 years or so). I had somewhat written RDJ off by the mid 2000's when it was clear he wasn't going to come up with the next Come To Daddy/Windowlicker nor with another SAW... when I heard Reunion2, XMD & Fenix Funk and was pretty much blown away, again!

There always seems to be some more in that AFX-tank!
lewisRush
***Frolic rating 23!***

Warp just posted this on their twitter feed https://twitter.com/WarpRecords.

Looks like its called Collapse EP
Some gear listed too:
Roland R8 (as used in r8m neotek beat on orphaned deejay selek)
Casio FZ20m sampler (was on syro gear list)
909 (used a lot on cheetah)

Also mentions T69 and MT1 - (look at TXX and MT1 tracks from the field day EP) So i reckon it might be similar to that EP which makes me happy! Feild day EP is beautiful
would like to hear more of fz20m too
zeit
jeboo
warp and bleep are getting hit pretty hard right about now!
Reese P. Dubin
glad to see a very seriously amazing video again

great track
Reality Checkpoint
jeboo wrote:
warp and bleep are getting hit pretty hard right about now!

Too right!

I have been trying all afternoon to get my order placed and it keeps dropping out at the payment stage! d'oh!

Edit: After about 15 'problem with order messages' on the Bleep site I was just successful on the aphex warp site.
jeboo
Quote:
on the Bleep site I was just successful

yay! me, too. It's a good day. Guinness ftw!
Flexyflier
hex wrote:
My 2c, I'd be happy to hear further exploration of Digiridoo/Xylem Tube/Polygon Window territory.

Agree to that
ziggomatic
zeit wrote:

Amazing track, and an awesome Analog RYTM workout Dead Banana
Norma
Fucking awesome track, and a brilliant video! I was somewhat dissapointed with Syro. Cheeta was superb and this new track is genius! Luv AFX <3 love
chaosick
Norma wrote:
Fucking awesome track, and a brilliant video! I was somewhat dissapointed with Syro. Cheeta was superb and this new track is genius! Luv AFX <3 love

Hah. I feel the exact opposite in reverse order.
jensenluxvid
Wow. This is great. Really like this style, so vital. Masterclass.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2