MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Silent Way and Hz/V synths - voltage offset
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Silent Way and Hz/V synths - voltage offset
mattrobertson
Hi,

I got the es1 today and everything works well! - I have my AnalogueSolutoins modular running over 7 (!) ovtaves, the Monopoly over about 4 and the MS10 over about 3 1/2.

I think (maybe) but tweaking the DC offset I might get more range out of the korgs... not sure... but for now its great. Also a slight tming discrepancy with the MS10 (but not on the other synths) which I havent figured out. Maybe something to do with having to invert the gate sig?.... will look into it

thanks for great software / hardware!

Matt

(Im running latest Logic 9 in 64 bit mode on an 8 core macpro with a 2408 Mkii)
skweeegor
mattrobertson wrote:
the MS10 over about 3 1/2.

I think (maybe) but tweaking the DC offset I might get more range out of the korgs... not sure... but for now its great.

Just in case you missed it, another guy had a similar issue with his Hz/V synths and it seems adjusting the offset fixed it. Apparently they only respond to positive voltages.

Here's the thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20365
mattrobertson
hoorah - thanks for that posting... I now have 5 octaves from the MS10 smile
skweeegor
Nice! Glad to help. thumbs up
ringstone
I actually find you can get a better range on the MS-20 by using the VCO freq input rather than the CV input. Should work on the MS-10 too. Note that this is a V/Oct input rather than Hz/V so you will need to calibrate as such. I read about this trick a while ago - it's a complete pain to calibrate by hand (if you want to use a V/Oct sequencer for example) but Silent Way does all that for you smile

The MS series uses an inverted trigger (actually gate) so you need to set it up as 0 for open and 1 for closed.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1