MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

ES-8 Audio Input Expansion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 Audio Input Expansion
toneburst
I must admit, I'm a little confused about the various Expert Sleepers expansion options.

Is it possible for me to expand the number of audio-rate inputs on my ES-8?

a|x
os
Yes, with the ES-6 (and once you have an ES-6, with an ES-7).
toneburst
Ah, OK. That makes sense.

I was wondering really if there was an expander that could be connected to the ES-8 via an expansion header, so that the extra input channels could be used while the ES-8 was connected to an ADAT host like my MOTO 828 (ie without the USB being connected).

I guess that's not possible, currently.

a|x
os
Indeed not.

For that you would want the ES-3/6/7 combination.
cloudleft
I have a related query. I'm hoping to use the 8 ADAT channels from my MOTU ultralite to expand the inputs on my ES-8. Is that possible?

Currently, via the MOTU config app, I'm routing the 8 analogue inputs on the MOTU directly to the 8 ADAT output channels. (Analog 1 -> ADAT 1, etc.)

However when sending a signal through ADAT 1 into the ES-8, it does not appear at the corresponding ADAT input on the ES-8 (in this case, "input 5", as its labelled in macOS Audio/MIDI setup).

If this can't be done, is the reverse possible, i.e. sending ADAT out from ES-8 into the MOTU?

The goal is to maximize inputs for monitoring multitrack recording. Anyway, thanks!
os
Do you have both interfaces connected via USB, or is one of them operating standalone?

I take it you have an ADAT cable connecting the MOTU ADAT output to the ES-8 ADAT input?
cloudleft
Hi Andrew, thanks. Right now, both devices are connected via USB.

And yes, MOTU ADAT out -> ES-8 ADAT in

In my device setup, I've tried running them as an aggregate device, and also as 2 separate devices.
os
That should work. Have you set the ES-8 to sync to the ADAT input?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1