MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Which basic looper pedal to buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Which basic looper pedal to buy?
michi_mak
i'm looking for a basic looper pedal with just average specs:
* 1 loop is enough
* overdub is not a must have
* midi sync is mandatory!
* i don't mind a stereo signal but don't need it either
* inbuilt effects will not be used
* must be a hardware solution!
i really need a basic looper to go with my groovebox...
looking forward to your suggestions!
fac
Problem is, MIDI Sync is only available in the most feature-packed loopers.
smetak
Yep, there's no "simple" looper with midi capability - only the more sophisticated (i.e., expensive) models can sync with midi.
MindMachine
Just want to say that smetak Hug You've steered me well over many years!

I'm pedal purchase free for a long time now. And I can't wait until you help enable me again.

OP - Forget midi and get some EH loopers and a Canyon effect.
Johnnyfive
slight overkill but tc ditto x4 would do it - as people have already mentioned, the smaller/cheaper loopers tend to not have midi sync
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Just want to say that smetak Hug You've steered me well over many years!

I'm pedal purchase free for a long time now. And I can't wait until you help enable me again.

OP - Forget midi and get some EH loopers and a Canyon effect.

Hahaha - not to worry! Tons of stomp-goodies to burn our coin on!

The Thermae just came in (pairing it with a Boss - yep, a Boss, after so many year.... - a rare Hyperfuzz Fz2 found around the corner) and have an eye on the Zoia (still to be released).

"Forget midi and get some EH loopers and a Canyon effect." - couldn't have said it better, mate!
FraMauro
I use and can recommend the DigiTech JamMan Solo XT with the FS3X footswitch so you can easily tap tempo. Not MIDI sync but it works and it's a good price for a looper.
gentle_attack
Johnnyfive wrote:
slight overkill but tc ditto x4 would do it - as people have already mentioned, the smaller/cheaper loopers tend to not have midi sync

Or a used Boss DD-500 ~$250 maybe a touch less
Rex Coil 7
Boss RC-202 has MIDI I/O ... I don't know if it actually has MIDI clock sync. My brother has one of these ... fun city!

$299.00 new.

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RC202--boss-rc-202-loop-statio n

I have three Boss RC-1 loopers, bought all three on eBay from separate sellers at an average cost of $65.00 bucks each. I run one of them off of the main mixer. This way I actually record a mix of the drums AND whatever backing track I want to loop ... no need for MIDI sync that way. The drums and the backing track(s) are all recorded together. The other two RC-1s are for my Hammond C3 and other instruments if needed. One is sorta kinda dedicated to the modular synth, which is sync'd to the drums.

So if you get a little clever MIDI sync isn't necessary.

Non-volatile memory, I've even used one of them as a two track recorder. Turn it off, the loop is still in it. Then later you can dump the loop into the computer just like any two track recording to save it.

seriously, i just don't get it
dave999z
Having tried Boss, Digitech, EHX, and TC loopers, the TC Ditto Looper is by far the best sounding and easiest to use. It always gets the loop points in time with no effort, sounds awesome, true bypass, and simple to use.
BananaPlug
I was going to recommend Ditto too but he says...
Quote:
* midi sync is mandatory!
smetak
Boomerang III:

https://boomeranglooper.com/products/boomerang-iii-looper
rjungemann
I REALLY like the Pigtronix Infinity. 2x serial or parallel loops, loops are stored on a MicroSD for easy extraction later, plus a good amount of functionality, and of course MIDI sync.
suboptimal
The Ditto X4 has MIDI sync according to the specs on the TC website ("MIDI sync locks looper to external MIDI tempo for perfectly timed live loops.").

I've seen a review or two complaining about it rolling off highs. Is this a real problem?
boops
Imho ,the better is the reapeter electrix i use it for synchro pro work .
i use all the time the function loop of a delay DD7 boss for practice ,and fast creation
suboptimal
The Repeater has been wildly popular and out of production for twenty years. You'd think someone would try to . . . repeat it.

hihi

The OP should also check out this recent, fairly exhaustive thread on loopers.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122985&highlight=
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1