MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flower Electronics/Ciat advice sought!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Flower Electronics/Ciat advice sought!
horaflora
chance to buy a Little Boy Blue/Jealous Heart if I act quick, but would have to sell Tetrax or Sidrax to do so... opinions on functions/sounds of Flower Electronics and overlap with either of the 'Ax' would be greatly appreciated, to decide what stays and what goes, thanks!!
fluxmonkey
i'm stumped to think of any real overlap in terms of functionality between the two, except making soundz. the flowers are semi-modular with simple architecture (osc, env follow, lfo, vcf etc) with knob/vc control & very distinct voicing; tet-sids are complex feedback circulators with unique control interface. both often used in noiser contexts, they play well together... but complementary, not duplicative...
horaflora
Yeah, that’s fair - I guess I was meaning simply timbre-wise, but your point is well taken, probably more pertinent to what I was looking to get assisted upon than what I thought I was looking for, if you know what I mean!

mrbloor
They play nicely, forgot I did this.

ohffs (double butter, JH & LBB
merlatte
Can anyone here please suggest a fair price for a LBB? I have a bead on one, but it seems expensive.
corpusjonsey
$350.
merlatte
Thanks, definitely passing then!
mrbloor
Sold my last set of LBB & Jealous Heart for $650 a few years ago, I see a set sold on Reverb for nearly double that. I know they aren't made anymore but that seems a bit mercenary seriously, i just don't get it
thetwlo
mrbloor wrote:
Sold my last set of LBB & Jealous Heart for $650 a few years ago, I see a set sold on Reverb for nearly double that. I know they aren't made anymore but that seems a bit mercenary seriously, i just don't get it

nah, unless you're looking at a pair that states "sold", I think you're seeing my listing and I had it priced high to see what offers I got, and actually raised the price right before "ending" the listing.
merlatte
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. If anyone is desperate, there’s one for like $700 on Yahoo Japan. I figured I wasn’t in my right mind to consider it.
thetwlo
merlatte wrote:
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. If anyone is desperate, there’s one for like $700 on Yahoo Japan. I figured I wasn’t in my right mind to consider it.

I would guess the LBB goes for $350-500 these days, and the JH $500-700 USD.
But not many want to part with them, so who knows... both are amazing!!
odditymedium
whats so special about flower electronics?
mrbloor
odditymedium wrote:

A lot of functionality built into a very small system with a killer sound.
kozepz
mrbloor wrote:
odditymedium wrote:

All valid reasons to put them up for sale isn't it hihi
mrbloor
kozepz wrote:
mrbloor wrote:
odditymedium wrote:

Remco, great to see you're still about. Totally valid reasons, constant acts of shifting, some small, some big. The funny thing is I bought a set new, then sold them, then missed them, then they stopped making them, then I tracked down a LBB, then it took me a year to track down a JH only to sell them. Some things stick like CL.
kozepz
Hi David, I’m still around, I’ve peaked every now and then what was going on, but that stupid mid-age-cris made me go running. Some buy fancy cars, but that wasn’t an option smile
Funny thing is that it reminds me of a conversation we had about a year ago when I was still on facebook. Men and instruments are equal to men and woman. You love them, then you wanna get rid of them and about 60% does, then you want them back but they are not available anymore, and once you get them back it all starts over again.
Unless you find the love of your life of course. Then it’s sometimes better to leave it what it is, store the issues, but keep them close in order to unpack them again as a wonderfull surprise.
That said, PB and CQ are still packed with a blank address card, but that’s gonna end one of these days.

I’ve planned a trip to the Lake District next year, would love to meet you in person after all these years.
I’ll contact you privately and stop hijacking this thread smile

mrbloor wrote:
kozepz wrote:
mrbloor wrote:
odditymedium wrote:

Remco, great to see you're still about. Totally valid reasons, constant acts of shifting, some small, some big. The funny thing is I bought a set new, then sold them, then missed them, then they stopped making them, then I tracked down a LBB, then it took me a year to track down a JH only to sell them. Some things stick like CL.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1