MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Polyend Seq
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Polyend Seq
pzoot
(Decided not to perpetuate the posting of questions about the Seq in the Eurorack forum's Poly + Seq thread)

What is the best way to "Sync the Seq" in this scenario?

I have a korg microkey that I'd want to use with the Seq -- without any additional equipment, that means I'd take up the USB port on the Seq for that.

I use an ERM Multiclock. Ideally, I'd like to keep that as the master so, from a workflow perspective, it's easy to switch between DAW and manual clock. I assume that will take up the MIDI input on the Seq

Then I have a Poly in my Eurorack that I'd want to use the Seq to control. I think the only port left on the Seq though would be a MIDI DIN output. Can that port handle the bandwidth if there are 8 tracks going with velocity and modulation?

Using the USB port w/ the Poly is possible. But, then I'd need the MIDI in port to sync to Multiclock. And then I don't think I can use the korg keyboard (no more in ports of any kind?)

I guess I could use the Poly as the master clock ... but that's not ideal for my setup a lot of the time.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Link to other thread in Euro forum for those looking for history: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183102&highlight=
nangu
pzoot wrote:
Then I have a Poly in my Eurorack that I'd want to use the Seq to control. I think the only port left on the Seq though would be a MIDI DIN output. Can that port handle the bandwidth if there are 8 tracks going with velocity and modulation?

Sure. MIDI bandwidth issues happen with mad cranking of knobs and pitchbend - then you end up with multiple dense streams of controller information.

The kind of per-step automation that Seq creates will be no problem. Go for it!
pzoot
Thanks!! It’s nice that the Poly has every (simultaneous) option built in
euxine
Anyone tried seq with Ableton Link, either as a matter or slave? Is it possible?
simonpalf
Hi pzoot!

I've got a Polyend Seq and am looking at getting a Multiclock so I gan get it running tight with ableton + a novation peak

Couple of questions:

- If I use the multiclock with the seq, this will disable the swing on the seq. Is the swing on the multiclock any good?

- Which device becomes the master transport when I am syncing ableton / seq?

- I am using the seq to trigger sounds in ableton drum rack - with the multiclock set up, I am assuming that sounds that the SEQ triggers will be perfectly in sync with loops I have playing, internally in ableton?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers!

pzoot wrote:
(Decided not to perpetuate the posting of questions about the Seq in the Eurorack forum's Poly + Seq thread)

What is the best way to "Sync the Seq" in this scenario?

I have a korg microkey that I'd want to use with the Seq -- without any additional equipment, that means I'd take up the USB port on the Seq for that.

I use an ERM Multiclock. Ideally, I'd like to keep that as the master so, from a workflow perspective, it's easy to switch between DAW and manual clock. I assume that will take up the MIDI input on the Seq

Using the USB port w/ the Poly is possible. But, then I'd need the MIDI in port to sync to Multiclock. And then I don't think I can use the korg keyboard (no more in ports of any kind?)

I guess I could use the Poly as the master clock ... but that's not ideal for my setup a lot of the time.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Link to other thread in Euro forum for those looking for history: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183102&highlight=
Panason
MIDI devices with swing can normally still swing when receiving MIDI clock. The swing is done by the device, not the clock. If the Polyseq doesn't do this I would be extremely disappointed.

The Multiclock also works a MIDI interface:

Quote:
To become the central connection hub of your setup, a powerful MIDI Router is available. It allows you to route and merge other MIDI data from four USB MIDI ports and the onboard MIDI In with the accurate clock signals.

In my experience, if you use Ableton to send MIDI notes you have to make it the master clock- it will not have good MIDI timing as a slave. IMO Ableton sucks in general and especially for MIDI, and if you' re just starting out I highly recommend learning another DAW..

Quote:
Can that port handle the bandwidth if there are 8 tracks going with velocity and modulation?

yes but if you send a ton of modulation the receiving device may not be able to process it all in good time. This isn't usually a problem.
Sounds From The Shed

This uses one of the features from the Medusas latest update. I used the Polyend Seq to sequence each of the 6 voices on 6 separate midi tracks.

Only 1 Filter and Envelope Gen makes it tricky but it turned out ok thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1