MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Harvestman Stilton Adapter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Harvestman Stilton Adapter
REwire
AH just got this in.
http://www.analoguehaven.com/theharvestman/stiltonadaptor/

I have tons of guitar FX including Metasonix stuff and modular level outs are too hot and some stuff comes in too hot or low. This is perfect for all that.

However, I am trying to decide between that and the Doepfer A-138d. Both have Send and Return to external stomp boxes but the Stilton has 4 ins and outs (on TRS cables). Not sure if I need 4 but the quality on the Stilton may be higher.

Of course, Cwejman has some weird ones to do send and return:
http://www.analoguehaven.com/cwejman/ins2mx/
http://www.analoguehaven.com/cwejman/ai2/
thetwlo
kinda thinking the same. I think given space/cost considerations a dual version would be my preference. Still thinking about both, seems neither adjusts the impedance to match the pedal only attenuates the level, correct?
indexofmetals
i've had the ai2 for a while and it works a great

will the cables come with the stilton?
Kent
I believe that the only device that handles impedance matching is the Little Labs PCP Distro; which I own. A great box.
wetterberg
I was aware of the Stilton coming out, but went for the A-138d for a couple of reasons.

1 - big one: independent atten/gain. I may have an effect that accepts a hot signal but provides a weak one, or vice versa. At any rate I enjoy the flexibility that provides (will have to post demo of my mini modular inside a Korg Stage Echo feedback loop, woot!)

2 - little ones: An inpu/output mute toggle? That's an effin good idea, especially if you like dubbing shit out, like I do! Kill the input, let it ring, drop the input back in.
The crossfade options are a lot more varied on the 138d, as well.
Mini mults. For patching effect-style patches I found it really refreshing to see EVERY 1/8" jack *multed* on the tiny panel of the 138d.

3 (I know, I know): independent input/output 1/4" jacks. I just like being able to patch freely without using an insert cable. While I totally dig the workaround for space constraints it would still feel like a workaround in my rig. For hooking up four pedals straight up I think the Stilton is the sleekest option.

4) Price. Didn't need four units. Will probably only ever need one or two, so I'm saving my HPs and my dough smile

- NOW, if you're like a lot of people on this board though, you'll EASILY find 4 pedals to *hardwire* to the Stilton, which is where I believe it excels - semi-permanent tethering. AND at any rate the ability to properly include our precious outboard in the modular chain is just fucking ace.

Shit, I really ought to do some module reviews soon...
Roycie Roller
I'd like to see a half-size version of this, with provision for adapting just two pedals.
D/A A/D
Roycie Roller wrote:
I'd like to see a half-size version of this, with provision for adapting just two pedals.

Or, two chains of pedals!
Buckage
I had one that was supposed to be delivered today and was so excited to come home tonight and play with my Stilton but UPS left one of those yellow tags that says the delivery requires a signature. Now I have to wait until Monday. They usually don't require a signature. Crap.
dkcg
Buckage wrote:
I had one that was supposed to be delivered today and was so excited to come home tonight and play with my Stilton but UPS left one of those yellow tags that says the delivery requires a signature. Now I have to wait until Monday. They usually don't require a signature. Crap.

Can you go pick it up in the morning? Maybe they're offices are open for pickup? huh?
NV
I would also be interested in a "half-size" version of the Stilton, although with additional features such as the independent attenuation/gain and I/O jacks that wetterbug mentioned. I think that the Stilton would be phenomenal for the semi-permanent purposes wetterbug suggested and the multiple feedback loop possibilities, but I would most definitely be interested in a more heavily featured one or two channel Stilton module that is above the quality/functionality of the Doepfer and has more of the unique Harvestman busted-circuit charm compared to the somewhat utilitarian Cwejman insert modules.
Roycie Roller
NV wrote:
I would also be interested in a "half-size" version of the Stilton, although with additional features such as the independent attenuation/gain and I/O jacks that wetterbug mentioned. I think that the Stilton would be phenomenal for the semi-permanent purposes wetterbug suggested and the multiple feedback loop possibilities, but I would most definitely be interested in a more heavily featured one or two channel Stilton module that is above the quality/functionality of the Doepfer and has more of the unique Harvestman busted-circuit charm compared to the somewhat utilitarian Cwejman insert modules.

Yeah, i think that if there was a 1/2 size version that had no problems accepting a chain of pedals, plus with the features you mention & a double-life as a feedback module, that would be great. I only have 2 or 3 pedals, and don't plan on getting more. Nevertheless, there's a whole swag of pedal schematics that all of a sudden have appeal, because now they can be looked upon as potential psuedo-modules, rather than practically un-usable with modular voltages. There's some great germanium pedals that would sound fantastic amplifying oscillators & filters, and compressor pedals will be extremely usable as well.
sendhelp
still deciding which one to go with. it seems that the $ and the idea of a quick fix might be helpful....
sgnhh
While the cost of admission is high for what you get (4 specially wired Ken Stone pedal interfaces), I've found the Stilton Adapter to be worth every penny I paid for it--and I only own one guitar pedal right now. It plus the Evin are quickly becoming the heart of my system.

Can't wait for my QMMG to get here, once it does they'll be a part of most of the patches I do.
oinkbanana
how does the 'mix' feature work with pedals that invert the phase?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1