MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I want a new filter!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author I want a new filter!
bemushroomed
...never heard that one before here, right?

Filters i have:

Rossum Morpheus
Analogue Solutions Telemark (SEM-like)
Befaco BF-22 (early MS-20)
Doepfer WASP
x0x Heart (TB-303)
Atlantis (Roland style cascaded 4 pole)

Any suggestion? I think i'd love doing some really Kraftwerk-sounding synth sounds.. so either moog, jupiter or prophet-5'ish filter perhaps? Which filter makes you think "ELECTRO!!!!" screaming goo yo woah

thanks!
mdoudoroff
AJH MINI MOD Transister Ladder Filter
synkrotron
I've just ordered one of them Black Polivoks things...
bemushroomed
AJH MINI MOD Transister Ladder Filter - yes, this one does sound really nice.

Polivoks.. yeah I think i would prefer it over my WASP, i've listened to quite a few demos, it's a really cool sounding filter!
synkrotron
I thought I could do with just one more... Got a Wasp and love it. Got a Doepfer A-101-1, A-106-6 and A-120. Also got a little MengQi DPLPG which comes in handy especially when used in conjunction with another filter before it.

Listened to just one demo of the Black Polivox filters and made my mind up before the eight minute video had finished smile
giantreptile
My favorite filter, and I have many, is the Roland 505. It was huge surprise to me how versatile and croaky it sounds, but is also unique. highly recommended. Alas, not cheap.
st_corbin
There’s that Jove filter which I think is a Jupiter 6 filter clone. Might be DIY only, though.
bemushroomed
st_corbin wrote:
There’s that Jove filter which I think is a Jupiter 6 filter clone. Might be DIY only, though.

No, it exists as factory made too, it's probably the one i've looked at the most..

just ended up buying Plaits though.. so uh, a filter will have to wait (well i do get an internal digital LPG filter with Plaits hihi )
st_corbin
bemushroomed wrote:
st_corbin wrote:

No, it exists as factory made too, it's probably the one i've looked at the most..

just ended up buying Plaits though.. so uh, a filter will have to wait (well i do get an internal digital LPG filter with Plaits hihi )

My buddy just got a Plaits and really wanna go check it out. That thing looks awesome.

Also, I believe there’s a Juno chorus clone out there too. If you haven’t, you might want to check that out as well for that Roland sound.
synkrotron
bemushroomed wrote:

Haha! Nice one smile
bemushroomed
st_corbin wrote:
bemushroomed wrote:
st_corbin wrote:

My buddy just got a Plaits and really wanna go check it out. That thing looks awesome.

Also, I believe there’s a Juno chorus clone out there too. If you haven’t, you might want to check that out as well for that Roland sound.

Yes I was lucky enough to find the Juno chorus clone a while back, i love it, it's been out of production for some time. Plaits seems great indeed!
dooj88
sounds like you're looking for a G-Storm Electro filter. he's got clones of jupiter 6, korg delta/poly 61s and an arp 2600. don't personally have one, but his demos on yt are great.
bemushroomed
dooj88 wrote:
sounds like you're looking for a G-Storm Electro filter. he's got clones of jupiter 6, korg delta/poly 61s and an arp 2600. don't personally have one, but his demos on yt are great.

Thanks, will def. look into that filter! I've heard his Jupiter 6 and ARP clone, they sound great.
GSE
bemushroomed wrote:
dooj88 wrote:

Thanks, will def. look into that filter! I've heard his Jupiter 6 and ARP clone, they sound great.

Oh and there's my new SH-101 filter as well.
It's available now on Reverb.com

I'm currently laying out the version 3 JP6-VCF right now.
Should be ready in a couple of weeks.
Here's a preliminary render...
bemushroomed
Very nice hyper love will look into these for sure smile
MindMachine
Bastl Cinnamon.
tuj
WMD uHC. Nothing sounds like quite it.

Dendrites - 16 filters in 1.
lisa
Synthrotek DIRT Filter. Nothing sounds quite like it.
paterursus
For what you're looking for here's another vote for the AJH MiniMod Transistor Ladder Filter.
OlivierWah
If you love filters with a lot of characters see NLC filters:

http://nonlinearcircuits.blogspot.com/2015/08/serious-filter.html
http://nonlinearcircuits.blogspot.com/2015/12/fk1t-vcf.html
http://nonlinearcircuits.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/feague-4-pole-vcf-qua drature-oscillator.html

Fun, sound very good, and not expensive.
brandonlogic
Klangbau twin peak. Favorite filter
edit: probably not what you want since it sounds like your after more traditional sounds. twin peak is a really unique one.
reekster
Morpheus and Polaris are my two most used filters. Also, Charactor by DSI adds some interesting colors
bemushroomed
I bet i would like Polaris, i really like the filter in Atlantis.. Roland 505 filter sounds super nice too.

WMD's Micro Hadron Collider is something i've looked at many times over the years, i think i would like that one but i have so much else that can get into that territory.. bet its really fun though!

Really like NLC's other modules and the filters sounds pretty unique.

AJH MiniMod Transistor Ladder Filter. This is kind of like the Sub 37.. not sure, kind of bored with that filter to be totally honest, not that its bad though.

So many options Dead Banana

G-Storm or Jove is so far the most tempting since its different enough from anything that i have.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1