MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clocking issues between sequencers (Tuesday and RandomRhythm
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Clocking issues between sequencers (Tuesday and RandomRhythm
jomomobobo
I just recently picked up a TINRS Tuesday and a Vermona RandomRhythm because I have no control over impulse buying, and am having clocking/sync issues with both of them.

For the RR, it seems to sync to a master clock (either from a Beatstep Pro or Varigate 8+), until the master clock gets below ~120bpm, at which point the RR randomly increases clock speed. I've even tried it with a square output from a LFO. I can't find anything in the user manual that would address this. But even when it's seemingly slaved to an external clock, it seems like it lags by a 16th note or less.

The Tuesday is even funkier. I've set the master clock in the Tuesday to 1:1, but it does the same thing on all settings (1:1, 1:2, 16 ppqn, 24 ppqn). If I use the clock out to sync another sequencer, that other sequencer gets clocked at a super high rate, but also will lag and get stuck on a note for a moment. It does this to both the Varigate and the BSP. If I slave it to another sequencer, with the internal clock divider set to 1:1, I get a slow, random output from the Tuesday. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpKDH0KDRk I've tried this with all master clock settings on the Tuesday, and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Considering I'm the common denominator, I'm guessing the modules are fine and I'm being a bonehead. Especially since searches for similar problems with either module comes up blank. But I can't figure out what could be going on. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks.
jomomobobo
I figure I'd update since I found the culprit.

I have an Audio Damage Aeverb mk2 that's always given me problems unless I use it with a WMD soft start module. I transferred that setup from my fully-packed Mantis to my bigger rack, which apparently wasn't necessary. After removing the soft start module and plugging the Aeverb directly in, all weirdness stopped.

There are at times some sync issues (like the clocks being a half of a 16th note off) which I'm guessing it up to user error.

Happy days.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1