MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Help me fill a 2HP space in a 312HP case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Help me fill a 2HP space in a 312HP case
pugix
Rearranging modules in this case opened up 2HP. This case is used for generative compositions. Take a look and give an idea what functionality would add to what's already there. Most everything is covered pretty well.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/671301

My ideas:

2hp Unity mixer or some other mixer? The Unity might be good for mixing J.F. outputs.

I'm not much on filters, but maybe. Which filter?

With Black Hole DSP, am I covered for effects? What about adding a 2hp Delay, Verb, or Freeze?

Please, not W/ Dead Banana

Thanks,
indigoid
2hp blank panel.
indigoid
or a passive mult.
cptnal
I've recently brought the 2hp delay back into my case after a long absence. Not a clean delay but I'm enjoying rediscovering that gritty character. Definitely one to choose on the basis of texture rather than functionality.
orbita
wait till you find yourself going "oo could do with a xxx"..
lisa
Meng Qi DPLPG. Simple but clever, beautiful to look at and kind to your ears too.
pugix
lisa wrote:
Meng Qi DPLPG. Simple but clever, beautiful to look at and kind to your ears too.

I have a DPLPG I could use. But there are two LxD in the case. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY LPGS?
pugix
indigoid wrote:
or a passive mult.

I don't use multiples, because I mult out dozens of connections. So I use stack cables.
DarkerBit
Maybe you could use a Pluck? A physically modelling synth voice could fit well with your setup.
pugix
cptnal wrote:
I've recently brought the 2hp delay back into my case after a long absence. Not a clean delay but I'm enjoying rediscovering that gritty character. Definitely one to choose on the basis of texture rather than functionality.

Delay is my favorite effect. Going to find some demos of this.

The module I'm looking for needs to have audio processing ability of some kind, even if just a mixer.
pugix
DarkerBit wrote:
Maybe you could use a Pluck? A physically modelling synth voice could fit well with your setup.

First post! Thank you. Good suggestion.

BTW, I have a DSM03 Feedback (not in this case), which is also a Karplus-Strong module.
glassofwater
orbita wrote:
wait till you find yourself going "oo could do with a xxx"..

The solution to everything eurorack.
lisa
pugix wrote:

I have a DPLPG I could use. But there are two LxD in the case. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY LPGS?

Ah, sorry! I didn't see them down there. You can definitely have too many LPGs. smile

You don't seem to have much in terms of sequencers. I get that this is a case for generative music but sequencers are useful imo.
wickfut
CFM bi-polar half wave rectifier.
pugix
lisa wrote:
pugix wrote:

Ah, sorry! I didn't see them down there. You can definitely have too many LPGs. smile

You don't seem to have much in terms of sequencers. I get that this is a case for generative music but sequencers are useful imo.

I have some step sequencing in the Disting random CVs. Pithoprakta has a stepped CV output, too. Both of these sequences can be locked into repeating. Stages can do a 6-step sequence with CV-able parameters. I have quantizing available in Twin Waves and also in Distings.

While looking at Disting again, I was reminded of the effects available, so on that basis I'm going to cross out an effect module.
pugix
wickfut wrote:
CFM bi-polar half wave rectifier.

I hadn't seen that before. Watched DivKid's video on it. Cool passive module!

Thanks,
Futuresound
LPZW WK2 is always going to be useful. It has attenuversion, offset, and slew. I find I often use my mini-slew for non-slew-limiter tasks, so having another slew onboard would be helpful.
electricfence
It isn't for audio processing, but I really like my 2hp TM.
pugix
Futuresound wrote:
LPZW WK2 is always going to be useful. It has attenuversion, offset, and slew. I find I often use my mini-slew for non-slew-limiter tasks, so having another slew onboard would be helpful.

Yes, looks very useful as a CV processor especially. A block diagram, too!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/lpzw-modules-wk2

Manual slewing is yet another function covered by Stages.
pugix
I'm leaning towards the Pluck at the moment.
Hi5
Mult
ciso
2hp freez. I love it.
Adam-V
What about an Intellijel Quad Invert to gt yourself some upside down action?
jsco
i'm learning about some cool modules in this thread.

my suggestion is shakmat sumdif. basically LRMSMSLR, in 2 hp. i think it's coming out in september?
selfdestroyer
ciso wrote:
2hp freez. I love it.

My vote also
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2