MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hellllooooooo my name is George Grumpy Panda 69 & advice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Hellllooooooo my name is George Grumpy Panda 69 & advice
Grumpypanda69


Hello all, I’m well on the way with my ambient/drone/expiremental system (50% full).

Before I keep moving along I was wondering what tips folks might have regarding utilities, mixing or other basics I might be skipping?

Thanks Rockin' Banana!
Agawell
more vcas, mixing, inverting, attenuating, some wavefolding, multing, sequential switch

for example in my rack (just over 6u 104hp) at the moment I have blinds (4vcas), a doepfer micro mixer, a doepfer dual vca, a doepfer sequential switch, maths, malekko inv mix, 2 2hp trims, kinks and links

no they don't all get used at once, but they do get used a lot
evs
For such a big system you have not enough vcas.

Always remember:

srsly never srsly never srsly never
Grumpypanda69
Thanks for the advice. Have had a play around.


MoogProDG
Why not just show a picture of exactly what you are working with now and get accurate feedback, instead of posing a vague question based on something you put together on the internet?

I hope that doesn't come off wrong.. but there are a million of these "what would you do if you were me and/or if i did this" kind of threads and the answers are usually always the same general "you need more VCAs" type of answers.
Grumpypanda69
Grumpypanda69
The far right top corner is Serpens Passive Triple Attenuator.
Grumpypanda69
MoogProDG wrote:
Why not just show a picture of exactly what you are working with now and get accurate feedback, instead of posing a vague question based on something you put together on the internet?

I hope that doesn't come off wrong.. but there are a million of these "what would you do if you were me and/or if i did this" kind of threads and the answers are usually always the same general "you need more VCAs" type of answers.


Nah man not wrong at all. You were right. Just that I was posting the other stuff as I couldn’t sleep at 3am and if I got up to take a photo thenkods would wake and it’d be a nightmare.

Morning now. Here’s where I’m at. Lower 6u x 104hp is empty.

Cheers
oinkbanana
Why would anyone get veils or blinds over the Intellijel quad VCA?
Grumpypanda69
oinkbanana wrote:
Why would anyone get veils or blinds over the Intellijel quad VCA?


Because they like them more? It’s why I got the Tallins first. I mean I had the E352 before the GVCO & I much prefer the GVCO but all my mates think I’m insane choosing it over E352. Personal taste is all cool
noisewreck
oinkbanana wrote:
Why would anyone get veils or blinds over the Intellijel quad VCA?


Because Blinds are bipolar and Veils don’t distort as easily as the Intellijel Quad VCA. seriously, i just don't get it
Yes Powder
If you're dead-set on all those 2hp modules, spread them out. I say from experience that 2hp modules right up on each other results in lots of annoying fumbling and in the midst of a dense patch makes unplugging difficult and tweaking those little knobs next-to-impossible.
funqpatrol
hey grompy panda,

there is a guy on gumtree selling an erica fusion flanger, I think that would be an awesome addition to your system. Looks brand new, looks like he didn't even plugged it in.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/toorak/keyboards-pianos/erica-synths-f usion-vintage-ensemble-delay-flanger-eurorack-module/1192093801


hw408
Looks beautiful.

What is the pair of things to the right of Batumi (but not the 2hp one) and below the wide erica vco?
Grumpypanda69
funqpatrol wrote:
hey grompy panda,

there is a guy on gumtree selling an erica fusion flanger, I think that would be an awesome addition to your system. Looks brand new, looks like he didn't even plugged it in.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/toorak/keyboards-pianos/erica-synths-f usion-vintage-ensemble-delay-flanger-eurorack-module/1192093801




Interesting thanks.
Grumpypanda69
hw408 wrote:
Looks beautiful.

What is the pair of things to the right of Batumi (but not the 2hp one) and below the wide erica vco?


Cheers. Local company. Passive attenuator & Quad LFO’s https://www.serpensmodular.com
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group