MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson Hammer scales?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Stillson Hammer scales?
Epignosis567
Hi. Does anyone know if there is a place where the exact notes of the scales are written out?

Also it would be cool if there could be user definable banks.
mt3
SCALE TYPES REFERENCE
Quantizer off --
All Semitones 12
Major n
Minor n.
Dorian d
Lydian L
Phrygian P
Mixolydian Y
Locrian l
Fifths and Octaves 5
Major Triad 3
Minor Triad 3.
Major 6th 6
Minor 6th 6.
Major 7th 7
Minor 7th 7.

Actual notes associated with each scale depend on the root note.
Theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_(music)#Note_names

Also refer to the degrees column here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_scales_and_modes
Epignosis567
So is there no way to define my own scales? That would be useful to then be able to more usefully employ the random cv function.
rustyjaw
Yeah, this question comes up now and then with regard to the SHMkII, sadly, no user scales are possible.

It does keep notes within the chosen scale when you use the A or B CV in to affect notes, or set random notes, but you can't define the notes explicitly.
Epignosis567
Yeah seems like an easy feature to ad. I don’t get why sequencers include all the modes, they’re all still just the major scale...if you want one of the modes just tune to it....
Epignosis567
rustyjaw wrote:
Yeah, this question comes up now and then with regard to the SHMkII, sadly, no user scales are possible.

It does keep notes within the chosen scale when you use the A or B CV in to affect notes, or set random notes, but you can't define the notes explicitly.

Could you explain this more? I was playing with one and when I said random notes it seems to completely randomized them across all notes, not just the notes I had entered values for.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1