MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hertz Donut mkIII demo SATURDAY Aug 25 (@Modular8, Portland)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Hertz Donut mkIII demo SATURDAY Aug 25 (@Modular8, Portland)
mt3
Scott (of Industrial Music Electronics, formerly Harvestman) will be at Modular 8 for a HDMK3 demo!
"I will lead off with a presentation about chip music ~30 minutes, then it gets into philosophy of square wave stuff, then probably seamlessly transitions into the HD3 demo."
https://shop.modular8.com
August 25th, 2018, 1-3pm
1416 SE Morrison
Portland 97204

Index of Temporal Segmentations
0:00 Academic (warm-up) exercises
17:58 Commencement
19:37 I Am Standing In A Room different from the one you are in now. I am recording the sound of my speaking voice and I am going to play it back into the room again and again...
20:15 Chiptunes Talk: Programmable Sound Generations 1977-1988-1999-1900
1:08:40 Hertz Donut mk III
Schroeder
Gorgeous.
Can't wait! hyper
in_sherman
i've been secreting all sorts of bodily fluids waiting for this , wicked rad
mt3
Bumping as a reminder that this is TOMORROW Saturday Aug 25.

Also added the itinerary info:
"I will lead off with a presentation about chip music ~30 minutes, then it gets into philosophy of square wave stuff, then probably seamlessly transitions into the HD3 demo."
gringostar
I hope we also get a release date for the single andore jr tomorrow as well.
Leverkusen
I cannot find anything about it on the modular8 website - will there be a live stream of the event to stay home and awake for?

The HDIII looks very interesting and I am looking forward to hear more of it...

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Schroeder
Leverkusen wrote:
I cannot find anything about it on the modular8 website - will there be a live stream of the event to stay home and awake for?

Yes, on their FB page they said it will be broadcasted live on their Youtube channel. I'll watch the live streaming from Italy. smile
Leverkusen
Schroeder wrote:
Leverkusen wrote:

Yes, on their FB page they said it will be broadcasted live on their Youtube channel. I'll watch the live streaming from Italy. smile

Great - Thank you! I'll watch from germany then...
mt3
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyobttjS_G/
lordymosh
Live stream is up. May have to sell a few modules to get this. Think it'd pair well with a piston honda mk3. hihi

https://youtu.be/Y_LUVqw7lyM
czern
*YouTube stream was blocked by Warp Records due to copyright violation*

hope it can be reposted.

played the beginning briefly earlier today and the HD sound check sounded “disgusting” twisted
mt3
czern wrote:

hope it can be reposted.

played the beginning briefly earlier today and the HD sound check sounded “disgusting” twisted

I was hoping to view it right now, but was removed. I'll update the original post once a new vid is (hopefully) uploaded.
mt3
mt3 wrote:
czern wrote:

hope it can be reposted.

I was hoping to view it right now, but was removed. I'll update the original post once a new vid is (hopefully) uploaded.

From ignatius:
the video got copyright dinged by youtube/warp records. we had some background music playing when we were setting up waiting to start and i guess the youtube algorithm scanned it and flagged the video.
so, it's in the process of being edited and should be on the youtube channel soon.. hopefully.
here's where it'll show up:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8WFj5BXU5WIQ6wb2_qs0Q/videos
Leverkusen
Ah, what a pity! I watched the live stream and found it very informative. I think Scott played a bit of Journey's 'Don't stop believing' to demonstrate chiptunes but they probably are not signed to WARP.

The Chiptunes seminar was quite interesting and triggered some memories from my early youth - I actually recorded some of Rob Hubbard's tunes to cassette back then but struggled a bit to program music in Basic 2.0... hihi

Regarding the HDIII I did not fully understand the new processing/folding part Scott implemented last week by reducing folding algorithms and introducing the new wave/phase modulation. If someone could explain these and the interaction between them it would be great. It looked as if they were different modes on the folding control, not sure if available at the same time.

I liked the assignable CV input - you would loose CV over fold then though. I think in the end for o´more complex modulations one might end up using the preset morph, which is fine too.

Also: estimated release date 2 - 3 months...now wait for a reupload of the video to rewatch it and get a better understanding.
mt3
Updated original post with video of event.
Guinness ftw!
lordymosh
mt3 wrote:
Updated original post with video of event.
Guinness ftw!

Nice, wasn't able to watch the whole thing live.
ether
Sounds brutal and gnarly SlayerBadger!

I wonder if it is capable of more traditional, glassy FM tones. I assume it would be, just by dialing back the overall mod depth.
brianobush
Scott you are killing it here with your new mkIII offerings. HD will be a nice FM playground.
gringostar
Finally got a chance to listen to it.

we're not worthy

Sweet Jesus the revised sound on this thing is incredible.
gringostar
When I was re-listening to this and Scott was briefly discussing the unison mode I thought of the microbrute and how it’s sub-oscillator was able to be a sub octave or a fifth below. I doubt it would happen when it’s released since that’s just around the corner but I wonder if it would be possible at a later date to upgrade the firmware with the ability to set the unison oscillator at a musically relevant interval (or even a free offset ranging from unison to an octave down) via the oscilator manager menu.
Schroeder
gringostar wrote:
When I was re-listening to this and Scott was briefly discussing the unison mode I thought of the microbrute and how it’s sub-oscillator was able to be a sub octave or a fifth below. I doubt it would happen when it’s released since that’s just around the corner but I wonder if it would be possible at a later date to upgrade the firmware with the ability to set the unison oscillator at a musically relevant interval (or even a free offset ranging from unison to an octave down) via the oscilator manager menu.

The Piston Honda mk3 has different unisone mode with 4 presets at different grades of unisone and 2 more presets with one octave below and one octave higher mode, so I presume the HDmk3 will be the same
mt3
gringostar wrote:
Finally got a chance to listen to it.

we're not worthy

Sweet Jesus the revised sound on this thing is incredible.

Ya, my initial skepticism about "audio quality improvements" conjure clean, sterile, lifeless, "perfect" sounds. Thankfully it is translated into crisp, higher-resolution details of hell's frescoes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1