MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

on the topic of not buying any more modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author on the topic of not buying any more modules
Parnelli
I'm picking up small utilities now and staving off the big purchases until... well... at least the next one! My rack is about full, but I also have my 2 Mother 32's mounted in it, so if I take them out I could get a...

Seriously though I've really slowed down and I'm saving that last bit of space for those extra special things I cannot live without that I haven't learned about yet...

Unless I go all out like Lisa and acquire (make) another case... I have thoughts of getting something like a secretary's desk and installing a modular system in it, making both a musical instrument and wonderful piece of furniture when the doors are closed!

Just a thought... I'd have to find a used one in descent shape first...
Blairio
I looked at my modular rig the other day after placing it on a 2 month sabbatical in my spare room, and thought... in the name of God, how did I end up with so much stuff? Ok, so it took me 7 years to get to my current 18U (504HP) rig with a fair bit of buying / selling / trading along the way, and each module was a carefully thought out purchase funded by music work, but the volume of kit is now frankly a turn-off in creative terms. I wish now that I had set a hard limit such as 9U, when I set out.

I reckon I'll leave the bulk of the rig in the spare room for now, and use one 3U 84HP case to assemble a specific instrument every so often until my full eurorack mojo returns.
Muff McMuff
Blairio wrote:
I looked at my modular rig the other day after placing it on a 2 month sabbatical in my spare room, and thought... in the name of God, how did I end up with so much stuff? Ok, so it took me 7 years to get to my current 18U (504HP) rig with a fair bit of buying / selling / trading along the way..

You have 504hp in total or six rows of 504hp? I am trying to imagine how big it is!
MindMachine
I have not bought any modules for a while. Cold turkey.

I have bought a keyboard, a stomp box, more power, some mallets and assembled a feedback system w/ a handheld mic, amplifier and drive in theatre speaker.

There are really only 10-12 modules that I want at this time. Mr. Green
Blairio
Muff McMuff wrote:
Blairio wrote:
I looked at my modular rig the other day after placing it on a 2 month sabbatical in my spare room, and thought... in the name of God, how did I end up with so much stuff? Ok, so it took me 7 years to get to my current 18U (504HP) rig with a fair bit of buying / selling / trading along the way..

You have 504hp in total or six rows of 504hp? I am trying to imagine how big it is!

Ah, I should have been clearer! I have three cases, each 84HP wide. A 3U one, a 6U one and a 9U one. Total is 18U, and 504HP.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15