MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb into reverb into reverb......
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Reverb into reverb into reverb......
mousegarden
I just bought a cheap Behringer reverb pedal that was in the reduced bin of my cable shop, why not have it I thought!?
I've done this before, and it's a well know trick, if you have a reverb that's maybe a bit crappy, you can thicken it up nicely by feeding it into itself, or, even better feeding it into another reverb of some sort, doesn't have to be expensive. I've got a chain...Lexicon MX200 into a Zoom MSCDR70, into a Behringer DM600, I've yet to try it out, but I've tried this in the past with longer chains, and you can get some amazingly amazing results! similar, or the same as what you would get with units costing thousands of pounds more.
Plus you can swap things around in endless combinations.
MRoyce
A harmoniser or two in a chain of reverbs is good fun as well.
thevegasnerve
sorry I need to hear some examples or this thread is dead to me... woah seriously, i just don't get it
mousegarden
thevegasnerve wrote:
sorry I need to hear some examples or this thread is dead to me... woah seriously, i just don't get it

The track Solo on my Soundcloud link has a lot of this stuff all over it, it's something I use a lot, but combinations change all the time, and I can't remember where or when!
criticalmonkey
i was just playing around with a sony v77 parallel with a lexicon 300 into a plugin mcdsp convolution reverb reversed - starting from a dfam groove but completely soaked-
basically some really long tails with a bit of faux haas effect and eq to create an image before hitting the reverse

something really interesting about the complexity of the first 2 getting scrambled - not sure the quality of units mattered at all with so much happening -

some slow deep listening to melt my chaotic couple of days away - but a cool trick for the future maybe
mousegarden
My ggggaaaaddd!!!!
I'm just stupefied and amazed at how amazing my newly acquired Zoom MSCDR70 is, I've got some fantazmagorical sounding multi-reverbs with this thing, they are firmly in the Eventide Space ball park.
Anyone own a 70? Try and chain two HD reverbs followed by a chorus of your choice....play around with the settings a bit, you'll be surprised at how dense thing little pedal can sound.

eek!

thumbs up
Dcramer
In before lock
mousegarden
Dcramer wrote:
In before lock

I had one of these before, and wasn't impressed by it, sold it. Now I've got another one and love it, strange how mood can affect how we perceive gear.
LongLostDonut
I have a Zoom MS100 BT, which I think has/can have most of the MSCDR70 apps on it (especially now they are all free on the StompShare store). You can make it sound very good with enough work but interface is too cramped for me to use it as one of my 'go to' outboard fx. Too many of the apps have a cheap ringy sound too - but on the flip side, it does really excel at darker reverb vibes. I really love the Parallel Reverb going into the standard Delay.
mousegarden
LongLostDonut wrote:
I have a Zoom MS100 BT, which I think has/can have most of the MSCDR70 apps on it (especially now they are all free on the StompShare store). You can make it sound very good with enough work but interface is too cramped for me to use it as one of my 'go to' outboard fx. Too many of the apps have a cheap ringy sound too - but on the flip side, it does really excel at darker reverb vibes. I really love the Parallel Reverb going into the standard Delay.

Yeah, a rack unit based on this with a decent interface would be very cool.
But those are becoming like dinasours.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1