MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New 2018 MakeNoise Rene
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author New 2018 MakeNoise Rene
Kingnimrod
MakeNoise just dropped a pretty obvious teaser vid hinting at a new Rene on their social channels.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnblGSUg0lY/?taken-by=makenoisemusic
12eightyfive
Rene's been a constant in my cases, never thought it needed to be improved. Maybe less hp? Maybe an easier preset storage process? More steps?
re-Verse
Ohh, I guess this means cheap used renes!
hawkfuzz
They already are pretty cheap, but cheaper yes! I snagged one for $320 at one point and I see them floating around $350 on Reverb a lot.

If that is in fact a teaser of a new Rene, I think the video implies recorded pressure. The light seems to function with opening a vca, so perhaps CV is recorded...or it's nothing...
createsounds
double post
createsounds
yeah I got one at 333, but sold it 5 days later for 325, after deciding it wasn't for me.,

maybe the new one will be more to my style.
hawkfuzz
Well, if one is to assume they are going to treat it as they did the updated Morphagene, it will probably fix common complaints from users and keep overall workflow and form.
peripatitis
If this means they fixed the problem with Rene, it is good news indeed!
V150
let's see how long I can convince myself that I'm getting a cheap, used rene instead of just buying the new one once it gets released
nectarios
I hope they fixed the touch issue. I've had enough of copper taste.
nectarios
Seek/Sleep C is the old address, so this is a new panel.
re-Verse
What is the problem with the original, before I dump money on one?
insoul8
re-Verse wrote:

My only problem was the responsiveness of the touch plates. But it was never that big of a deal. I suppose the menu system could be a little more intuitive for things like saving but again, never really an issue. It's a great sequencer.
Aaronautical001
re-Verse wrote:

Touch plate sensitivity can be an issue for some people. Plenty of threads on muffs about it.
Personally I love the old Rene. Interested to see what the new one is about though.
Dogma
i was just about to buy my third Rene smile I just love it (was gonna do that buttons mod) but if i dont have to id much rather pay the extra and have it work without licking fingers
Foghorn
nectarios wrote:

Yea, that damn touch issue.
Rene was unusable when I first got it and for a year after.
Then I switched the outlet strip that my case was plugged into, and it worked very well hmmm.....

Just sayin' if it don't work, change where your case is plugged into the wall.

of course I had bought a button panel front panel, so I eventually installed that, but d'oh! ...the power strip.

Oh, and when I checked the power strip, I could find nothing wrong with it.
It outlets were connected well to all pins on its plug, there were no (even very high impedance) shorts in it, and it did not have any filtering or circuit protection seriously, i just don't get it

Foghorn
nectarios
Foghorn wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Yea, that damn touch issue.
Rene was unusable when I first got it and for a year after.
Then I switched the outlet strip that my case was plugged into, and it worked very well hmmm.....

Just sayin' if it don't work, change where your case is plugged into the wall.

of course I had bought a button panel front panel, so I eventually installed that, but d'oh! ...the power strip.

Oh, and when I checked the power strip, I could find nothing wrong with it.
It outlets were connected well to all pins on its plug, there were no (even very high impedance) shorts in it, and it did not have any filtering or circuit protection seriously, i just don't get it

Foghorn

I have and it works better in the new case but I still have to lick my finger to get it working on the dry/cold and days and it still gets stuck when I have sweaty fingers which renders it unusable for the live case, which is a bummer, I realized this in the pic gig of my avatar .

I get the novelty of becoming part of the circuit, its really cool and everything, but in practice it sucks big time.
selfdestroyer
I was just going to post about the large numbers of Rene's that were on Reverb recently. I should have known there was an announcement of a new model.

Perfect time for me to try one out. Was just looking into making a control skif.
EternalTurtle
Can't wait to see the new seq. Enjoy the show!
loved the rene the first day I got it, never had the unresponsive issues with it, my pressure point on the other hand... Rage! but still another great seq.
justin3am
I'm excited to see what this is all about. Rene was such a revelation for me, when it came to sequencing. Paired with a Rotating Clock Divider and a Wogglebug, for a nice balance of control and randomness.

I had a similar issue with unresponsive touch sensors on a very pricey control surface with motorized faders, in my old studio (geez, was that really 12 years ago?). If I touched a the metal face plate of something in my rack the problem would go away. Totally frustrating.

I haven't had any problems with Rene or any of Pressure Points but I guess anything which uses capacitive sensing is susceptible to grounding issues.
hawkfuzz
It begins

https://reverb.com/item/14931618-make-noise-rene-eurorack-sequencer
Struggle
I was just wondering why so many René in FS today!
BaloErets
Crazy Folks. I'll be buried with my Rene not a second before I get my hands on a 2.0. Gearlust is a very sad and non-productive malady.
hawkfuzz
Honestly, they are constantly in there due to inconsistency. They are the most exciting sequencer on the market but it don't always work and people don't emphasize clean power like Tony does, so they would never think to try a different outlet or get an adapter that will make the power clean, because most consumer electronics work consistently despite plugs and no one thinks of their rack differently.
Paranormal Patroler
Weirdly enough it's one of those sequencers I never used. Maybe it's time to check one out for cheap.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 1 of 19